Hello beauties! It’s been a while since I shared my Month in Review. The holidays were especially busy this year and I took some time off in January. But no worries! I am back with my monthly check ins – let’s start with my December & January 2023 Month in Review! Read on to see what I did, where I went, what I wore and what I’m looking forward to in February!
December 2022 & January 2023 Month in Review
Pink Bl-nk London Dress c/o (similar) | Cream Chicwish Ruffle Top c/o | Pink Teddy Blake Handbag c/o ( get $30 off with TBLizzieInLace30) | White New Bella Pearl Heels c/o (also love these) | White Alexandre de Paris Snowflake Hair Clip c/o ( hair clip version, similar) | Ring | Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick | Hidden Crown Halo Hair Extension (use LIZZIEINLACE for $25 off!)
- I’ve been doing the BIGGEST closet clean out in my history of wardrobe declutters! My mini-series on Youtube just went up so feel free to follow along (spring cleaning inspo, anyone?)
- I took a bit of a break in January to organize my life. It was nice but I’m glad to be back (although I’ve been super busy getting back into everything)!
- My wisdom teeth surgery is officially schedule for next week. Wish me luck and feel free to leave all of your best tips for recovery!
- During my last Month in Review post, I shared that I was super sick with the stomach flu. Well… the next day, I ended up with two different strains of the flu and was on bed rest for over a week. I basically couldn’t eat and couldn’t shower because I was so weak! I lost a ton of weight 🙁 I’ve never been so sick in my life!! My husband ended up getting sick AGAIN with strep throat on New Years eve but luckily, I was able to avoid that one. Feeling much, much better!!
- Digestive issues have been going well! I had a slight reaction recently but not too bad overall.
- Now that I’m feeling well again, I’ve started back with my work outs! Although I’ll be taking a brief break again after my surgery.
What I Watched –
We’ve mostly been watching YouTube so I don’t have too much to share in the realm of movies and tv shows 😉
- Gilmore Girls – I’ve been watching this for about 4 months now and I’m finally on the last season. I’m really glad that I gave it another shot because I’ve been enjoying it!
- Clueless – We watch this one every now then as a comfort movie. I never tire of it!
- The Menu – Totally went into this not knowing anything and I really enjoyed it! A very unique and interesting movie. Highly recommend!
- Matilda – I loved this movie as a kid! However, watching it as an adult was very different. There were parts of it that were very triggering and hard to watch. Very thought-provoking in an unexpected way.
- White Lotus (season 2) – Loved it just as much as the first one! Of course, the beautiful view of Italy certainly helps too 😉
- Stepford Wives – First time watching and I really enjoyed it. Interesting movie!
- The Last of Us – We just started this and oh my goodness, it’s sooo good! Highly recommend!
- A lot of Christmas movies… but I can’t remember which ones LOL!
Where I Went
- We went for a drive to the mountains nearby (all the hills are greeeeen!)
Products I Tried
- All of the products from my Friday Unboxings!
December & January Best Sellers
What I Bought
- Black Floral Work Out Set w/ Leggings and Sport Bra (currently on sale!)
- Vintage Givenchy Jewelry Set (still in the original packaging!)
- Pink Bathtub Tray
Favorite Outfits From December & January
- I absolutely adore this lovely vintage inspired winter coat!
- Obsessed with all of these adorable Valentine’s Day outfit ideas!
- This Dior-inspired black blazer outfit is so dreamy!
Most Popular Blog Posts from December & January
- Feminine Chicwish Clothing for Winter
- Teddy Blake Kim & Sophia Review
- Glamorous Holiday Party Outfit
- 2022 Reflection: A New Beginning
Video Content from December & January
- Best Fragrances for Men
- 4 Must-Have Silk Clothing Items
- Honest Ally Shoes Review
- Chicwish Winter Haul
- Pink Holiday Gift Guide
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Winter Bucket List this past month:
- Clean Out My Home – In progress! I finished cleaning and organizing EVERY room in our home along with the garage! I also finished decluttering my shoes, handbags, jewelry, accessories, sweaters, pajamas and activewear. The last bit that I will be tackling this month are my coats, skirts, tops and dresses. Wish me luck!
- Create a Morning Routine – Also in progress! Currently experimenting to see what works for me.
- Bake Some (Vegan) Sweet Treats – I found this AMAZING vegan chocolate chip cookie that tastes soooo good.
- Create a Vision Board for 2023 – Check! I also created a background for my phone <3
- Make a List of Goals – I have a lot of goals for this year! You can view my 2023 goals post here.
- Plan a Trip – We are currently planning a trip for our 10 year wedding anniversary!! Can you believe it? Time has gone by so fast!
- Indulge in a Self-Care Day Once a Week – I’ve been doing pretty well at this. I recently bought a bath tray for my bubble baths and it has been a game changer!
- Meditate & Journal Everyday – Still trying to get into the habit but I’ve been incorporating more of this!
- Take Time for Myself – I gave myself the most amazing at-home spa day last week complete with a bubble bath, face mask/steam, manicure, pedicure, hair treatment and meditation.
Annual Goals Check In
You can find all of my 2022 goals here! I cant believe that I’ll be making a new list in just over a month!
- Stay Organized – Like I mentioned earlier, I have been organizing like CRAZY!! My goal is to have a more streamlined organizational system for both my personal and professional life. So far, I’ve decluttering and organized the entire house, garage and half of my closet. I’ll be finishing the rest of my closet this month and I’m currently working out a more realistic organizational plan for Lizzie in Lace.
- Prioritize Myself & Be More Present – I feel like these go hand in hand so I chose both 😉 During the holiday season, I made an effort to get ahead on my schedule so that I could have more time with family and more downtime for myself. There were also a lot of things that I needed to get done that I typically don’t have time for. Taking a time out and prioritizing myself and my needs was essential to the start of 2023! It actually helped in more ways that I think will be beneficial to me for this year and beyond.
Check out my 2023 goals here!
What I’m Looking Forward to in February
- My 8 year blog anniversary!
- Finishing my closet declutter
- Getting ready for spring!! (and hopefully doing a few home decor updates)
Hope you loved my December & January 2023 month in review!
What did you do in December & January?