Even though summer is practically here, our weather has been a different story haha (see below for more). Right now, I’m dreaming of sunny days by the pool and fun beach vacations… but until then, I’m adding in more lightweight flowy floral dresses to transition my spring wardrobe into summer!
Yesterday was interesting to say the least ha! Since my husband and I both work outside the blog, our photoshoot days tend to land on the weekends. We’ve had a lot of storms lately, which is quite uncommon for this time of the year but I’ve definitely enjoyed the prolonged cooler temperatures. Fast forward to this weekend – the forecast boasts sunshine and triple digit temperatures. There’s not a cloud in the sky. As we’re driving home from Target on Saturday, my husband notices some black clouds in the distance and the radio is interrupted with a severe thunderstorm warning. The storm passed quickly and we were met with abundant sunshine on Sunday morning. We normally shoot in the mornings but the sun was already shining brightly at 5:30am so we opted for sunset instead. When we left for our shoot that evening, it was over 90 degrees and sunny. Within 15 minutes, the wind picked up and we saw yet another cloud of black in the distance. There was no warning! I’ve never shot so fast in my life haha! In the span of one hour, we shot four outfits in sweltering heat, humidity, crazy winds, thunder and lightning, a possible tornado (we don’t get those!) and two downpours. It was CRAZY! But somehow we did it haha!
We don’t normally get such temperamental weather but it’s honestly been all over the place lately. It’s been in that in between stage that isn’t quite warm enough for summer dresses and not cold enough for sweaters and jeans… and as you can see, a lot can change hour to hour ha! Because of this, I’ve been wearing a ton of lightweight long sleeve flowy floral dresses (I’ll usually go for a maxi or midi length if there is any wind). I love that the style keeps me comfortable in a variety of temperatures and I still look spring/summer appropriate with the floral print and light fabric. I love this one in particular and think the color is just gorgeous! Here are a few others that I’m loving:
What has the weather been like where you live?
For more summer inspo, check out these lovely posts from some of my favorite blogger babes:
- 10 Summer Must Have Items – Madison Fichtl
- Summer Work Outfits – Jenna Leeann
- Playfully & Sophisticated: Self-Portrait | Night Out/Formal Dress – Attire Studios
- Summer Trend: The Little White Dress – Pretty Little Details
- Affordable Summer Dresses You Need from Amazon – Miss Moore Style
- 10 Affordable Summer Maxi Dresses – Legallee Blonde
- Here Are the Colors You’ll Want to Add to Your Closet This Summer – Chapter Fifteen
- Summer Date Outfits For Every Occasion – Chasing Daisies
- 3 Ways to Style A Kimono – A Byers Guide
- My 5 Summer Must Haves – The Finishing Touch
- My Summer Makeup & Skincare Faves – Life with Mar