Summer is here and I’m currently dreaming of carefree, lazy pool days, outdoor picnics and endless road trips. And what I love more than summer itself is the feeling of summertime – it just can’t be beat 🙂 Read on to see my summer bucket list and intentions for the season!
The bougainvillea is in full bloom… the first sign of summertime! I just love seeing pink blooms all over town and what seems like never-ending sunshine. Floaty floral dresses line my closet racks and it’s an explosion of color, ruffles and swingy shapes. Of course, I’m sad to see my precious spring season go but I’m ready for all that summer has to offer!
What I Accomplished from my Spring Bucket List
- Go on a Cruise – We went to Mexico for the first time!
- Go on a Roadtrip to See the “Superbloom” – We went ALL over! See the proof here, here and here!
- Try Some New Lemonade and Iced Tea Recipes – I’ve been experimenting a lot with these 🙂 Watermelon Mint Lemonade and Pomogranite Green Tea are two of my current faves!
- Go Through Spring/Summer Wardrobe and Donate – Done! Now for Round Two haha!
- Make a DIY Flower Wall – Completed! See it in action here!
- Finish My Patio Garden – I planted all kinds of succulents, warm weather florals and Spanish lavender <3
- Plan a Vacation – We went to Mexico and Lake Tahoe during the Spring and currently have an abundance of trips planned for the rest of the year!
- Go to the Farmer’s Market – Done! Trying to make this a regular activity 🙂
- Get Outside More – I’ve been making more of an effort to be outdoors, even if it’s just a small change like sitting on my patio or walking to get the mail and taking the long way back.
- Take a Spontaneous Road Trip – We went to Carrizo Plain on a whim to see all the beautiful wildflowers!
- Go on a Hike – We completed five different hikes while in Tahoe last month for my birthday trip!
Live Each Day with Purpose
It seems like the older I get, the faster time goes and recent happenings have caused me to realize that life really is too short. It’s too short to care what other people think, too short to not live out your dream and too short to let time pass by while worrying about what the future holds. This season, I plan to slow down a bit and savor each moment… to travel more, create more, learn more and to be in the moment and live each day with purpose.
Be More Open
True Story: I have an irrational fear of Instagram Stories lol! As silly as it sounds, it’s just not my forte because a.) be it feels a bit strange to just talk into your phone, b.) I’m pretty camera shy and c.) my day-to-day life isn’t interesting enough to document. But I suppose this is how 99% of the population feels too so… I’m just going to go for it! With that being said, what do you guys like to watch on stories?
Take a Risk
I’m a firm believer that we experience the most growth by taking a chance and doing something that completely terrifies us. With courage comes great rewards but that doesn’t make the choice any easier. In my experience, every risk I’ve taken has been worth it… even with not knowing the outcome. This season will definitely be one to remember <3
SUMMER BUCKET LIST
- Plan a Beach Day
- Try Snorkeling for the First Time
- Plan an International Trip
- See the Waterfalls at Yosemite (and the Wildflowers at Tuolumne Meadows)
- Buy a New Swimsuit
- Try Some New Classes at the Gym
- Go to a Drive-In Movie
- Create a Vision Board
- Go on a Picnic
- Ride a Bike
- Make Home-made (dairy-free) Ice Cream
- Eat a Snow Cone
- Lay Out by the Pool
- Go to an Amusement Park
- Take a Spontaneous Road Trip
What’s on your summer bucket list?
Shop the Look