Hope you had an amazing fourth of July!!
It’s that time of the month again – my June 2019 Month in Review is finally out and I’ve got lots to share with you all! Read on to see what I’ve been up to this month: what I wore, where I went and what I did 🙂
June 2019 Month in Review
- I celebrated my birthday last month and we are currently planning my husband’s (in two weeks!).
- I was interviewed by SheMedia and BlogHer! Feel free to check out my interview here and let me know what you think!
- I experienced a crazy earthquake yesterday! We actually get earthquakes frequently in California but we rarely feel them (the last big one was about 20 years ago). I was cooking breakfast and felt the ground under me moving like a wave (we’re on the second floor), the blinds and light fixtures started to sway and I heard movement from items hanging on the walls and sitting on our dresser/countertops. It was pretty terrifying! It was a 6.4 and we were about an hour from the epicenter, which luckily was in the desert where it’s less populated (but there are still people that live out there and they’ve had to endure 1,000+ aftershocks since so send prayers <3)
For those of you wondering about my dietary progress in regards to my recent food intolerance diagnosis 🙂 I’m currently beginning week 9 or my 12 week elimination diet (although I am planning to extend to 16 weeks since I experimented during the first few weeks). Here are some changes I’ve noted:
- Acne: Almost completely gone! This is so crazy to me because I’ve had it since I was 13 😀
- Migraines: Non-existent! You guys, I have suffered from migraines for years! Before I started the diet, I was getting them daily. I haven’t had a single one since I started!
- Stomach Cramps: Completely gone!
- Unexplained Weight Gain: I actually don’t own a scale so I’m sure if I’ve lost weight but I do measure myself and those numbers are steadily declining. My clothing is also starting to fit more loosely.
- Severe Bloating: Before, I was bloating after pretty much every meal and now I only bloat if I eat even the slightest trace of one of the problem foods (mostly within the first four weeks) Although, bloating has gone down significantly, I have noticed that if I accidentally eat a problem food, I bloat worse than before (it looks like I’m pregnant!).
- Insomnia: I find that I’m falling asleep faster and sleeping better than before. I have been making it a habit to get in bed by 10:30pm though and notice that if I don’t, I’m groggy and tired the next day.
- Extreme Daily Exhaustion, Fatigue and Tiredness: At first, I didn’t feel a difference in my energy level but the past two weeks or so have been amazing! I feel SO great… like I haven’t felt this good in a long time. Remember how I said that I wasn’t feeling like myself and didn’t know why? Well, I feel like myself again and I am ecstatic! I also previously didn’t have enough energy for the gym but now I can’t wait to get back – who even am I right now haha??
Setbacks: About two weeks in, I got pretty sick. I started to feel faint and had strange cramping in my muscles. I later found out that it was likely a calcium deficiency so I added in a calcium supplement as well as some orange juice into my diet and the symptoms went away 🙂
Other changes: I also noticed that my nails are so strong! They used to be very brittle and would break easily. This is the first time I’ve ever had strong nails!
What I Watched
- Mad Men – I can’t believe this, but we’re already on the sixth season haha! I just love this show!
- The Crown – Just started up again at the end of the month!
- Stranger Things 3 – This actually just came out so I didn’t exactly watch it in June lol! I loved the previous two seasons so I’ll update you withy my thoughts in next month’s round up!
- I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube but no one in particular. I spent the past month studying different videos for editing techniques (for when I finally launch – yay!) and learning new skills for both art and business.
What I Listened To
- My XM radio subscription just ended (so sad!) so I’ve been just listening to whatever I can find haha!
- I’ve been super into podcasts lately and have been listening to them each morning 🙂 I found some great ones this past month including Blogging, Unscripted and Influencer Business but I’ll be posting a more in depth list of my faves very soon so stay tuned!
What I Read
- Random internet articles lol! – I don’t know what my deal is lately but I’ve just been in a learning mood so I’ve been searching for and reading up on the most random things haha!
Where I Went
- Lake Tahoe – We celebrated my birthday in one of my favorite places!! Will be sharing photos soon 😀
What I Bought
- My dream top! It finally came back into stock… but it won’t last long!
- This gorgeous dress!
- And also this gorgeous dress!
Favorite Outfits From March
- New favorite outfit: This lace top and floral skirt combo!
- Adore this dreamy polka dot tulle dress!
- Love this fun polka dot top and skirt!
Most Popular Posts from the Month
- Birthday Girl: 32 Fun Facts About Me
- The Perfect Feminine White Lace Top
- The Best Summer Maxi Dresses for Petites
Posts from Others That I Loved
- Everything You Need to Know About Instagram Stories – She Saw Style
- The Instagram Algorithm: 5 Mistakes You’re Making – Danielle Gervino
- My 101 in 1001 List – Life with Emily Blog (I totally want to do this!)
- Five Tips for Your Italian Honeymoon in Positano – The Haute Homebody
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Spring Bucket List this past month:
- Plan a Vacation – Currently on the agenda for the rest of the year: Yosemite, San Diego, Puerto Vallarta, New York, Yosemite (again) and Palm Springs!
- Go on a Hike – We completed five in one day in Tahoe! Planning a big one for this month in Yosemite – so excited!
Also, make sure to check out my Summer Bucket List! If you create your own, let me know – I’d love to see what ideas you have on yours! <3
Annual Goals Check In
Anddd of course, I have to check in with my annual goals 😉
- Be More Selfish – The older I get, the more valuable my time becomes. For so long, I lived to please other people and wondered why they didn’t treat me the same in return. I’ve learned to respect myself by saying no to the things that don’t benefit me (without feeling bad about it) and yes to the things that do. It’s not selfish, it’s self-love.
- Get More Organized – Around this time, I love to do a mid-year refresh where I look back on my goals to ensure that I’m on task or re-evaluate if need be. I’ll be sharing a post on this soon so stay tuned!
What I’m Looking Forward to in July
- Camping in Yosemite and visiting San Diego (my first time to SD!)
- Switching gyms and trying new classes!
- Trying some new summer recipes!
Hope you loved my June 2019 month in review!
What did you do in June?