If you own this gorgeous Chloe fragrance, then you’ve probably run into this problem a time or two – your gorgeous perfume bottle starts to tarnish and you think to yourself “Oh no, it’s ruined!” But the truth is… it’s not 😉 If you’re not keen on the antique finish and you want to restore your perfume bottle to it’s original shine, this post is for you. Read on for a quick tutorial on how to restore a tarnished Chloe perfume bottle!
How to Restore a Tarnished Chloe Perfume Bottle
The Chloe perfume is such an iconic fragrance. With notes of peony, rose and cedarwood, the scent transports you to the most beautiful flower garden. The romantic and classically feminine scent exudes the same elegance with the bottle design. It has an old world vintage charm that I love and of course, I adore the addition of the feminine bow. When it comes to this specific fragrance, there is one thing that surprises most people and that is how quickly the metal tarnishes. Sometimes fragrance bottles need a little bit of extra care and that is definitely true for this perfume. Some, like myself, don’t mind the tarnished look. I think it gives it character and makes it look a bit more antique. But I also do love the lustrous shine that comes with a brand new bottle. If you own this fragrance, you’re probably wondering – how do I clean it? How do I restore it’s original shine? Let me tell you, it’s much easier than you think. If you don’t have any polish on hand, you can do this simple trick with some household items that you probably already have.
Watch the video below for easy instructions (and some eye-candy):
And if a video isn’t your thing, here are step-by-step instructions:
To start, you’re going to need:
- an optional cloth
- your perfume
- a small bowl of water
- q tips
- optional tape
- an old toothbrush
- a microfiber cloth
- and a polishing cloth
- Start by taking off the cap and bow.
- Where the metal ends, wrap a piece of tape around the bottle. This is an optional step but it will make clean up much easier.
- Wet your q-tip and apply a bit of water to the metal.
- Then put a pea size amount of toothpaste on your q-tip and gently spread on the metal until it’s covered.
- Apply gentle pressure to the q-tip as you start cleaning the metal and switch it out when the ends become dirty.
- Add a bit of water and additional tooth paste as needed and repeat.
- If the tarnish is particularly bad like mine, you can also use an old soft bristle tooth brush (when using the tooth brush, make sure you are gently scrubbing because you don’t want to scratch the metal).
- When you’re finished, take off the tape and start removing the tooth paste gently with a damp micro fiber cloth followed by a dry one. I like to dampen one side and leave the rest dry.
- Even with the removal, your bottle might be sticky from the tooth paste residue so I highly recommend doing one more cleanse with soap and water and drying it with the cloth (make sure you remove all the tooth paste).
- Once you’re finished, shine it with a polishing cloth – this is the same one that I use for my glasses.
- And once you’re done, you can put the bow and cap back on.
Now your bottle should look good as new!
Just a note that the metal does tarnish with time so you may have to do this again in the future but now you know that restoring the shine is such an easy fix! Make sure you bookmark this post for future reference.And don’t forget to check out my full girly perfume collection! 😉
I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful!
Also, I’m curious – do you prefer the tarnished, antique look or the sleek and shiny look?
Shop More Chloe Fragrances
Pin for later!