This post contains affiliate links. I may get a small percentage if you click through them, which goes back into this blog. Thank you for supporting Lizzie in Lace!
Happy Friday my lovely friends! I know I am SO late on this but honestly the last two months have been crazy busy (in a good way!) and I totally forgot about this – oops! Anyway, here is my Summer 2021 Bucket List and Intentions!
Summer 2021 Bucket List & Intentions
River Island Puff Sleeve Dress (also available in a shorter length) | Lack of Color Scalloped Hat | Castañer Espadrilles | MantraBand Bracelet c/o (Use LIZZIEINLACEBDAY for 15% off until August 1st!) | Urban Stems Flowers c/o (Urban Stems Discount Code: Use LIZZIEINLACE20 for 20% off!) | Picnic Basket (similar) | Wooden Tray | Striped Blanket (similar)
What I Accomplished From My Spring Bucket List
- Meditate everyday – I started to but got busy! Getting back into it!
- Write in my gratitude journal everyday – Same as above!
- Decorate our patio / outdoor space – In progress!
- Plant more flowers – My succulents have been growing like crazy so I got some new pots! I also got a cactus and some pink dahlias <3
- Workout consistently – More than before 🙂
- Do more self-care – Yesss!! Lot’s of bubble. baths, masks, and at-home spa days!
- Plan a trip – We are going to Yosemite in October!!
- Read a good book – I’ve actually been reading much more lately. I mean I always read something every day – articles, editorials, etc but I always love a good old fashion book 🙂
- Watch classic movies that I haven’t seen – I watched My Fair Lady for the first time! Hope to watch more this season!
- Try a new lemonade or tea recipe – I’ve been super experimental with this! lots of fun and fruity new recipes <3
- Work on new projects – There are several projects that I’ve been working on for over a year. Hoping to finish at least one of them up in the next few months!
- Go on a picnic – Tried to for my birthday but it was blazing hot lol!
SUMMER 2021 INTENTIONS
Continue My Health Journey
As you know, this has been a running intention for well over a year (maybe longer) and it seems to pop up on all of my recent bucket list posts (for good reason). The road was pretty rocky at the start and it definitely took much longer than expected but I’m happy to say that everything has finally started to come together. I’m feeling GOOD again.
Regarding my food allergies – I’ve already tried to re-introduce several things and I always get sick so I’ve come to accept that these will have to be permanent sacrifices. I’ve accepted that I may not be able to ever have a real pizza again… a chocolate chip cookie, a birthday cake, an ice cream sundae, a grilled cheese. Having all of my favorite foods ripped from me was really hard at first but now, it’s not so bad at all! It forces me to make healthier choices and I love that my body feels so much better. I’m also having fun experimenting with new recipes!
Another plus is that it’s given me more energy! 🙂 I’ve started working out but now it’s time to get serious. Previously, my health issues made me super tired all the time so it was honestly hard to do anything. But now I’m feeling better… and I’ve got a work out mat, weights and YouTube so there are no more excuses haha! I want you guys to hold me to it 🙂 Plus with my husband’s recent health problems and all the losses from the last year, it’s made me seriously consider everything, especially my physical health.
And as for my mental health, I’ve had so many breakthroughs in this area. I feel whole again. It took a while to heal but now that I’m on the other side, it’s honestly just incredible to think about and I’m so proud of myself for putting the work in. Most of the hard work is done in this area so I just want to maintain the progress by being consistent with my journaling and meditation.
Declutter my Life
I’ve had the urge to declutter my life for a while now. Perhaps letting go emotionally and mentally through my health journey has encouraged me to let go of things from my physical environment as well lol! I do closet declutters on the regular but to be honest, I’m ready for a full on life makeover. I’ve been holding onto a few things for way too long and I feel like it’s finally time to get rid of them. I started with my skirt and top closet yesterday and I was ruthless! So proud of myself 🙂 It gets overwhelming and honestly, things have been so busy lately so I’ll probably do this little by little throughout the house over the next couple of months.
Be Myself / Be More Confident
Okay so I’m always myself but….I feel like I also hold a lot back. Perhaps this should say “be more confident in myself” instead because I feel like a lot of it is tied to that. And to be honest, I feel like confidence is tied to a lot of things I’m working on and as I’ve grown over the last few years, my confidence has grown too in different areas. But for whatever reason, this one is a hard one. I feel like it’s much easier to be my goofy, weird self around family and friends in person. It’s much harder to convey that online, especially since I work alone. I’m really introverted and I tend to get my energy from being around other people so I guess I have to learn how to be my own hype man haha!
I never really thought about it until I started YouTube. And I feel like this is because emotion and energy comes through so much stronger in video rather than through writing. Of course, it started out as a nerve-racking experience but now I’m starting to feel more comfortable but I’m just not there 100% yet. While not necessarily being “fake,” I do hold back. Being the face of your own brand is a little intimidating. I’ve gotten so much better about not caring about what others think but I guess this proves the point that I still have work to do in this area. I feel like sometimes people have a certain idea about me in their head and I just don’t want to disappoint anyone. I know that this is absolutely a mental thing so I’m really going to work on this a lot more. After all, no one is holding me back but ME.
SUMMER 2021 BUCKET LIST
- Plan a Future Trip
- Go on a Picnic
- Make Home-made (dairy-free) Ice Cream
- Eat a Snow Cone
- Update Outdoor Patio
- Try a New Recipe
- Read a Book
- Meditate & Write in my Gratitude Journal Everyday
- Watch Classic Movies That I Haven’t Seen
- Do Something Creative
- Workout 5 Times a Week
- Clean Out My Close (and everything else lol!)
- Work on New Projects
- Finish Up Indoor Decor Projects (hanging pictures/mirror, painting wardrobe, etc)
- Do More Self-care
What’s on your summer 2021 bucket list?