Spring, my absolutely favorite season, is officially here! I feel like I come alive in the spring – everything is brighter, happier, more colorful, more fragrant. I just LOVE it! Plus it’s my birthday season hehe! 😉 I like to welcome each new season with a list of realistic goals and intentions, no matter how big or small they may be. Sharing keeps me accountable and hopefully inspires you to create your own seasonal bucket list!
Read on for my spring 2023 bucket list and intentions (and a first look at our gorgeous wildflowers)!
SPRING 2023 BUCKET LIST & INTENTIONS
Bl-nk London Sweater c/o | Bl-nk London Skirt c/o | Bl-nk London Kimono c/o | Lele Sadoughi Pearl Headband (similar) | Pink Kate Spade Heart Bag | White Franco Sarto Boots c/o (similar) | BaubleBar Heart Necklace c/o | Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick | Halo Hair Extension (use LIZZIEINLACE for $25 off!)
What I Accomplished from my Winter Bucket List
I had a fairly productive winter season! I crossed off 14 out of 15 of my goals or started working on them. Here are the items I checked off from my Winter Bucket List this past month:
- Clean Out My Home – I did a MASSIVE clean out of my entire home including my closet. I just need to finish up my tops and skirts and I am done – woo hoo! Once the weather heats up a bit, we will conquer the garage as well.
- Create a Morning Routine – I’m still figuring it out but I’ve just about got it down.
- Bake Some (Vegan) Sweet Treats – I found the most delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies!! It’s been years since I’ve had a cookie <3
- Make Soup from Scratch – I didn’t make soup from scratch BUT I experimented a ton with the soups that I had (since I basically ate soup for weeks when I got my wisdom teeth out). Turns out tomato soup and vegan ricotta cheese is delicious paired with a warm biscuit!
- Go to the Snow – We stopped briefly on a recent day trip!
- Create a Vision Board for 2023 – Done!
- Make a List of Goals – Done! You can see my annual goals post here.
- Watch Classic Movies That I Haven’t Seen – Watched Designing Woman, 9 to 5 and High Society! All fabulous movies, of course.
- Plan a Trip – We’ve got a lot of big events coming up this year – our 10 year wedding anniversary, 15 year dating anniversary and various familial events so it’s shaping up to be a busy year for travel!
- Workout 5 Times a Week – Had to stop a few times during this season due to illness and surgery but now that I’m feeling better, I’m getting back into the work out groove!
- Indulge in a Self-Care Day Once a Week – I’ve been taking a lot of time for self-care when it comes to my skin and relaxing.
- Do Something Creative – I’ve been experimenting more with photo and video editing as of late.
- Learn a Something New – I feel like I’m always learning something new! I learned how to set up a shop page for my hubby’s new business venture.
- Take Time for Myself – This season has been a slow one in terms of productivity. I actually got a lot accomplished personally but I had to force myself to take a lot of down time, both when I was sick in bed for nearly two weeks and recently, when I had my surgery. Normally, I’m a very busy person but I took a lot of time away from work and social media in general to heal properly. It was absolutely necessary and I’m glad that I got a bit of a break after the busy holiday season.
SPRING 2023 INTENTIONS
Continue my Health Journey
This has been on every seasonal bucket list for a few years now and it’s something that I have been heavily focusing on. I’ve had a few set backs this past season with physical health issues and the resurgence of mental and emotional health issues. I will not lie… it’s been a stressful time, which is why I want to actively work more on this.
In terms of physical health, I’ve actually lost quite a bit of weight – I guess this is what happens when you are forced on a liquid diet for weeks lol. BUT it’s a silver lining in the food allergy situation. As I come out of my liquid / soft food diet, I want to be more intentional about the foods I put in my body. I want to work out more regularly and increase my strength and flexibility.
As for mental and emotional health – I normally manage stress very well and this is a part of my life that I’ve been doing great in. However, there were a few situations that happened back to back this past season that were very hard to handle. I realized that I still need to continue working on myself in this area and need to find successful ways of managing my stress, anxiety and the negative thoughts that creep in. In the past, meditation, yoga and journaling have worked well for me so this is what I plan to do more of.
Get Organized & Let Go
As I said, I’ve been decluttering like a mad woman and I am SO proud of myself for this! In the past, I’ve been a bit of a hoarder, especially when it comes to clothing but lately, I’ve been letting go of things much easier. I’ve been letting go of the old and welcoming in the new. As a result, I’m currently curating a wardrobe and a home that I love and that feels true to who I am now.
Aside from the “spring cleaning” that I’ve been doing all season, I want to get more organized with my business. I find that time is hard to come by as I’m a one woman show but I absolutely need to prioritize the things that are important to me and my future rather than focusing so much on the day to day tasks. This season, I want to create timelines for my goals and actively take steps to get them accomplished.
Do More Things That Bring Me Joy
I’ve been doing more of this in my life and it’s helped in so many ways! I used to focus mainly on work but I had an epiphany of sorts. Life is short and as much as I love my work, I don’t want to spend all of my time doing it. I recently wrote a post with easy ways to romanticize your life – I want to incorporate more of these and live in the moment more each day rather than actively planning out and obsessing over my future. I also want to do more things that make my soul happy – playing music, singing, creating art, reading, indulging in self-care, traveling and learning new skills.
SPRING 2023 BUCKET LIST
- Go on a Picnic
- Go for a Wildflower Drive/Hike
- Do Some Gardening
- Go for a Bike Ride
- Update my Outdoor Patio
- Try a New Lemonade or Tea Recipe
- Have a Tea Party
- Plan a Future Trip
- Go on a Road Trip
- Do Something Creative
- Learn a New Skill
- Work Out Consistently (at least 3-5 times a week)
- Indulge in a Self-Care Day (at least once a week)
- Watch Classic Movies That I Haven’t Seen
- Meditate & Write in my Gratitude Journal Everyday
What’s on your spring 2023 bucket list?