And just like that… we’re officially in October! This year is honestly FLYING by! Read on for a cozy fall outfit (no pink! can you believe it?) and my September 2020 Month in Review. 🙂
SEPTEMBER 2020 MONTH IN REVIEW
- I started planning a group trip for next year! See details in this post. I’m still taking survey responses for a few more days 🙂
- I cleaned out my coat closet!
- I wore close toed, heeled shoes for the first time in almost 3 months! (for his post!)
- Still locked down in CA and haven’t seen the sky in several weeks due to all the wild fires!
- I was interviewed – check it out here!
- Toes are nearly completely healed! This is week 11 and I’m currently working on their flexibility. Broken bones may not be a big deal to some but this was my first experience and it was so crazy to watch how my toes completely healed themselves in various stages. The human body is incredible!
- Still having small digestive issues (bloating) but they seem to be doing better.
- Will start back up with normal-ish workouts. Not comfortable doing full yoga yet though. Maybe in a few weeks! 😉
What I Watched
I hardly ever watch TV but we’ve been watching shows/movies nearly every night since lockdown so there’s a lot haha! We’ve been watching a lot of comedies, classics and feel good movies <3 I’ve also got some on my list that a few of you recommended last time. Feel free to recommend more!
- The Haunting of Hill House – Finished up this series and LOVED it! Can’t wait for Bly Manor!
- Silence of the Lambs – First time watching and I really liked it!
- Cinderella – (live action version) Love this movie so so much!!
- Grease – An old favorite! This movie always makes me happy 🙂
- Ghost Adventures –
- The Office – We always watch this when we run out of stuff to watch haha! I think this is the third time since quarantine HAHA!
- Savages – Seen it before. Good movie!
- Red Dragon – Great movie! Similar to Silence of the Lambs.
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest – First time watching. Great movie! So crazy to see so many big stars when they were younger!
- Alone – Really good movie!
- This is Paris – I became a Paris fan after we watched The Simple Life earlier in quarantine. Loved seeing this side of her!
- The Devil All the Time – Really great movie!
- Better Watch Out – Good movie but a bit disturbing. I could feel the anxiety in my chest for the rest of the night lol (which never happens!)
- American Murder: The Family next Door – I love true crime but this honestly made me so so sad!!
- Us – Can’t believe we JUST watched this. Really good movie! Such an interesting concept!
- Deliverance – First time watching. Great movie!
- Taxi Driver – First time watching! Really enjoyed this one!
- No Escape – I’m not typically into this type of movie sine I don’t like gore but it wasn’t too bad! The ending was the craziest thing I’ve seen in a while!
What I Listened To
- Lots of oldies, classic, indie and metal haha!
Where I Went
- Just went for weekly drives around the city! The air is still petty terrible here so I’m not spending too much time outside.
What I Bought
Products I Tried
- All of the products from my recent Friday Unboxing!
September Best Sellers
Favorite Outfits From September
- I absolutely love this feminine plaid outfit for fall!
- Obsessed with this romantic fall outfit!
- This menswear inspired outfit is perfect for the season!
Most Popular Blog Posts from September
- Vintage Style Fall Outfit: Green Polka Dot Dress
- Mary Frances Handbag Collection
- August 2020 Month in Review
- Pinterest Inspired Boho Braid with Flowers
Video Content from September
- Extreme Closet Clean Out | All of my Coats
- The Struggles of Being Authentic
- My Girly Handbag Collection Part 2!
- Hair Extensions Ruined My Hair
- Dreamy DIY Boho Braid Tutorial
Posts from Others That I Loved
- Snakeskin Print Fall Fashion Trend – Pretty Little Details
- A Fall Morning Routine That Will Make You Want to Wake Up – She Saw Style
- My Workout Motivation – How I Stay Motivated to Work Out – Louella Reese
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Summer Bucket List this past month:
- Plan a Future Trip – currently planning a trip with my family AND a group trip with YOU for next year!!
- Clean Out My Accessories (shoes, handbags, hair accessories, jewelry) – started on jewelry and cleaned out my coats!
- Try a New Recipe – Made Chipotle Lime Chicken with Spanish Rice – yum! We loved it so much that we’ve had it two more times since haha!
Check out my Fall Bucket List here (and get your freebie!)
Annual Goals Check In
You can find all of my 2020 goals here!
- Stop Procrastinating & Make Decisions – I am honestly the WORST when it comes to making decisions lol! I usually have a million things going on so it can be really overwhelming to decide on a whim. I am definitely someone that likes to take time and think things through. I read reviews on everything and do plenty of research before making a final choice. But that takes up a lot of my time and the truth is, it can be pretty anxiety inducing. This month, I am going to “practice” my decision making skills by making small everyday decisions like what to eat, what to watch, what to do, whaat to wear, etc. Baby steps! 🙂
- Be More Present – I’ve always been a future oriented person. I enjoyed the process of planning and dreaming up how things might be. I think this is a valuable thing to have but I also think that it’s important to stay grounded and present…. and this is where I have problems lol! I have no issue planning out things or creating goals but being in the moment is very unnatural for me. It’s like learning a new skill, as crazy as that sounds (I feel like it should be easier than it is haha!). This month, I really want to focus on grounding myself in the present moment. I really think that using my senses is super helpful for this!
What I’m Looking Forward to in October
- Decorating for Christmas! (Kidding!….maybe haha!) 😉
- Going on a trip with my family! Hopefully 😀
- Working on some new projects, learning new skills and trying new things!
Hope you loved my September 2020 month in review!
What did you do in September?
Also don’t forget to check out my new video! I’m sharing my very first feminine fashion haul! <3