So happy that fall has finally arrived! This year is going by so fast. I can’t believe that I’m already sharing my September 2019 Month in Review! Read on to see where I went, what I did, what I wore and what I’m looking forward to.
Le Contour Dress c/o | Kate Spade Handbag (old – similar here) | J. Crew Headbands (old – similar here) | Nordstrom Heels (old – similar here) | Angara Ring c/o | Noemie Ring c/o | Lancôme Lipstick c/0
September 2019 Month in Review
- I had the best NYFW trip ever! Check out my posts here, here and here!
- I FINALLY finished my elimination diet – full post to come!
SO many of you have been supportive in my health journey over the last few months and it’s just incredible to see the amount of interest a lot of you have in the subject. While I wasn’t sure initially if sharing updates would be too redundant, I think it has really helped myself and all of you to see how much food really can affect us. I hope that by sharing my journey, I can help all of you that are going through the same thing <3
To summarize, I just finished up a 16 week elimination diet. Due to a lot of the symptoms I was experiencing, I had to eliminate various things from my diet. You can read more about that in this post. I have not been excessively working out so that I could truly see the difference that the food was making in my body. While I was originally going to share my all the results of my recent food reintroductions, I decided to save that for a full post so I could share in more detail. You can expect that to go live next Monday 🙂
Here are some current updates on my symptoms after reintroductions:
- Acne: I had some sprout up after I started reintroducing foods!
- Migraines: I had three this week 🙁
- Stomach Cramps: I’ve had cramps everyday for the past four days
- Unexplained Weight Gain: It actually looks like I’m finally losing so that’s a great sign!
- Severe Bloating: Only bloated after reintroducing certain foods.
- Insomnia: Haven’t been able to fall asleep all week!
- Extreme Daily Exhaustion, Fatigue and Tiredness: Not nearly as exhausted as before but feeling a bit sluggish lately.
- Other changes: Nails are still very strong!
Make sure to come back on Monday to read about my full results from the elimination diet and my reintroduction process, especially if you have been suffering from similar symptoms. You will not believe it!
What I Watched
- Ink Master – Does this surprise you? Haha! I don’t have any tattoos but as an artist myself, I absolutely LOVE watching this show! You might not believe this but at one point in my life, I even considered being a tattoo artist just so I could use my drawing skills!
- The Good Place – I don’t know how I didn’t know about this show before but I just started watching it with my husband and it’s hilarious!!
- It: Chapter 2 – Loved the first one and loved this one! We don’t tend to watch movies in the theatre a lot but this is one of my husband’s faves so we had to haha!
- Maleficent – First time watching… can you believe it? Loved every second and can’t wait for the next one!
- Lots of motivational videos 🙂 And videos on etiquette lol!
What I Listened To
- A lot of indie music (I have no idea whyyyy) and I actually discovered a lot of great bands this past month by accident! I always love listening to new music so feel free to leave some of your faves in the comments so I can give them a listen 😉
- I just shared an in depth post about allll the podcasts I listen to!
Where I Went
- New York City
What I Bought
- The perfect white sneakers! – Honestly, I have been on the hunt for a good pair of white sneaker for YEARS. I wanted something that looked dainty enough to wear with dresses but also comfortable for those days that I do a lot of walking (theme park visits, shopping, etc.)
Favorite Outfits From September
- SO obsessed with this gorgeous leopard print coat!
- Adore this darling pink dress and floral headband!
- I love my hand-made tulle skirt!
- This Disney-inspired handbag is a dream!
Most Popular Posts from the Month
Posts from Others That I Loved
- 6 Activities I do Everyday for My Mental and Physical Health – Lifestyle by Anna Elizabeth
- Flowy Dresses & Pink Peonies : An Interview with Rachel Parcell on Her Nordstrom Fall Collection – House of Loren
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Summer Bucket List this past month:
- Go on a Picnic (kinda) – So I checked off a majority of my list in the previous months BUT I did get to go to Central Park and explore for the first time so that’s in the “picnic” realm, right? Haha!
Make sure you also check out my Fall Bucket List! Let me know if you make one for yourself – I’d love to see what’s on YOUR bucket list!
Annual Goals Check In
Anddd of course, I have to check in with my annual goals 😉
- Kick Out the Clutter – I have been cleaning house all year long and I mean that in every sense! Physically, I’ve just finished up my fall/winter wardrobe clear out and the more I do it, the easier I find it to let go of things. Aside from that, I’ve been clearing out toxic people from my life like it’s nobodies business. Previously, I was a door mat… a “yes” girl… someone that people took advantage of and walked all over because I was way too nice and afraid of hurting other’s feelings. I always wanted to do the right thing and be everything to everyone. But there comes a time when enough is enough and toxic people start to poison every facet of your life. Over the past year, I’ve had to make decisions that I never thought I’d have to make and put up boundaries to protect myself in the process but I truly believe that everyone (including you) deserves to be treated with respect and kindness and if someone makes you feel bad about yourself in the slightest then they don’t deserve a place in your life <3
- Be Myself – I spoke on this a bit in my NYFW posts and let me preface this by saying this is not intended to make anyone feel uncomfortable in any way. Regarding NYFW, I think that it’s really easy to get caught up in trying to look a certain way or wearing certain things even if it’s not authentic to who you are. And if someone wants to do that, that’s totally fine! After all NYFW is about stepping outside your comfort zone and trying new things. The only reason I bring it up is because I feel like this is also a time when people feel very insecure and like they aren’t good enough. People might feel like they don’t get the same opportunities as others based purely on looks, clothes or friends. And the sad reality is that this can be true sometimes. However, I’m a huge advocate for being unique and standing out for who you are. I’ve always been the type of person to march to the beat of my own drum and try not to blend into the crowd but as I get older and more serious about my business, I realize that being yourself is actually a really hard thing to do. Even if it makes you feel uncomfortable at times and like you don’t fit in with other people, I think it’s just so important to remain true to the person you really are and that’s something that I really strive for. We have all been there and have felt like we don’t fit in some way but I just want you all to know that it’s 100% okay to be yourself! <3
What I’m Looking Forward to in October
- Yosemite camping trip with my hubby <3
- Cooler weather
- Holiday projects!
- The new Joker movie (even if it’s a little controversial right now) and Maleficent: Mistress of Evil!
Lastly, I’ll be closing my survey soon and would love your input!
Hope you loved my September 2019 month in review!
What did you do in September?