Holy moly, you guys. WHERE did the time go? I can’t believe that we are already at the end of 2021! I feel like it was just yesterday that we started the new year and now we are on the cusp of a new one. You may have noticed that I failed to upload my October Month in Review. When I say that it’s been busy… I mean it. I’m a pretty busy person overall but the last few months have been completely overwhelming (in the best ways!). It’s just been super chaotic and unfortunately, there are only so many hours in the day. I know you all understand 🙂 Anyway, I’m excited to share TWO month in reviews with you today and I have SO much to share!! Read on for my October & November 2021 Month in Review!
OCTOBER & NOVEMBER 2021 MONTH IN REVIEW
- We went to Yosemite and explored more of the area!!
- We went to Disneyworld for the first time!
- I learned how to throw an ax!
- I got to see my brother!!! He came home for a surprise visit (yes, I cried!).
- I had Jury Duty….. and now I have it again in a couple of weeks. How did this happen? LOL!
- I went to the dentist lol. Seriously, the dentist is one of my worst fears so I always put it off (trying to get better about this)
- I went to a consultation for my wisdom teeth…. and now I have to go in for another. Super scared about getting them removed! Please send me positive thoughts <3
- Digestive issues were practically non-existent woo-hoo! Things were a little iffy before our camping trip but after we got back from Disney, the issues just disappeared. It’s almost like my body reset itself? I unexpectedly lost a bit of weight from the trip and haven’t had much bloating since! I’ve also been paying a lot more attention to what I’m eating.
- To be honest, I fell off my workout schedule these past couple of months. I have been SO busy… it’s just unreal. BUT I got in a ton of hiking while in Yosemite and sooooooo much walking at Disneyworld.
- Husband update – Some of his issues are doing better but his back was a big problem during our trips. It got so bad a few times that I thought I was going to have to take him to a hospital. It was especially bad during the last half of our Disney trip so he wasn’t able to ride any of the rides 🙁 Such a bummer!! But this gives us an excuse to go back sooner rather than later! As for now, his back is actually doing really well and he seems to feeling a lot better overall! Thank you so much for all the prayers!! <3
What I Watched
- The Handmaid’s Tale – We were watching this and then stopped in Season 3. But we really liked it!
- Jersey Shore – And another LOL! I don’t even know how or why we started watching this haha! All they do is fight and drink but I’m so intrigued lol.
- The Voice – Can you believe I’ve never actually watched this?! We just started the new season and I’m loving it! My husband and i look forward to it every week 🙂
- American Horror Story: Double Feature – Really liked the first half! Stopped watching during the second half though :-/
- Midnight Mass – It had a slow start but it was sooooo good! Highly recommend!
- Just Friends – I love this movie! Watched it with my mom and she thought it was hilarious!
- Jingle All the Way – One of my faves!
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – First time seeing this one!
- You (season 3) – Liked it but didn’t think it was as strong as the first two!
- Fargo – Just started watching this and it’s great! Loved the movie too!
- Love Hard – Usually I’m not into cheesy Christmas movies but this one was really cute!
- Holidate – Did not like! :-/
- Love and Monsters – Really enjoyed this one! Cute story and very entertaining!
- So many more that I can’t remember….
What I Listened To
- Lots of EDM hahaha! And of course, Christmas music!
Where I Went
- Yosemite! The fall leaves were soooooo pretty!
- Oakhurst! This is the area outside of Yosemite and it was seriously such a blast.
- Disneyworld! It was HUGE! We walked 40 miles in 3 days lol.
What I Bought
Products I Tried
- All of the products from my Friday Unboxing!
October & November Best Sellers
Favorite Outfits From October & November
- I absolutely love this adorable Thanksgiving outfit!
- Obsessed with these feminine boots!
- These feminine outfit ideas are so dreamy!
Most Popular Blog Posts from October & November
- What to Wear to a Winter Wedding
- Black Friday Sales 2021
- 5 Ways to Dress More Feminine
- Best Winter Coat for the Girly Girl
- How to Wear White Boots for Fall
- September Month in Review
Video Content from October & November
- Girly Pink Holiday Gift Guide
- Best Fall Hats
- Fall Boots Haul
- Chicwish Fall Haul
- Parfums de Marly Oriana Review
- Girly Jewelry Box Options
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Fall Bucket List this past month:
- Explore the Changing Leaves with a Drive or Hike Outdoors – OMG we went on the most beautiful hikes in Yosemite!!! Talk about a fall fairytale!! *heart eyes*
- Add in a Few Classic Wardrobe Staples –
- Plan a Trip – FINALLY booked our Disneyworld hotel and tickets LOL!
- Try Something New – I learned how to throw an ax! I’m serious haha!
- Make Homemade Soup – didn’t make it but I ate homemade vegetable soup and it was delicious!
- Have a Fall Picnic – We had a picnic along the Merced River in Yosemite AND a picnic at the train station <3
- Try a New Hot Chocolate Recipe – I made hot chocolate bombs for the first time ever and brought them along with us for our camping trip!
- Get Outside More – We explored SOOO many beautiful new areas on our trip including Bass Lake, Oakhurst, Coarsegold and Sugar Pine.
- Do Consistent Workouts – I did a ton of hiking (including to the top of a waterfall)… does that count?
- Make Homemade Soup – not homemade but we’ve been eating lots of soup!
- Decorate for the Holidays (haha!!) – Halfway done! Decorating a bit late this year lol!
Annual Goals Check In
You can find all of my 2021 goals here!
- Balance – This has been a tough one the last few months and it’s something that I am working on. The last few months have made me realize a few important things in my life and that which I’d like to dedicate more time to. Often times, I feel obligated to do certain things out of fear of hurting people’s feelings or in accordance to what I feel I should be doing. And every time, it leaves me feeling extremely burnt out. The lesson has finally been learned and I am going to start implementing big changes into my life going in to the new year. I’ll probably touch on this a bit more in the future.
- Love Myself – This has been something I have majorly been working on this year, although I haven’t talked much about it at all. I’ve been doing a lot of internal work and have been reversing a lot of the trauma I’ve gone through early on in life. It has been a LONG road but I feel that this may actually be the first time in my life where I feel confident in myself and truly love who I am. I used to, honestly, be a door mat. I did everything for other people and never expected anything in return. I put everyone else and their needs before myself and my own. I used to hide certain aspects of myself because I was too worried about what others would think. In fact, even writing this out… for other people to see would have caused the worst anxiety. I’m finally learning to put myself first, to *truly* take care of myself and to go against the opinions of other people because it’s what I want. I think you just might see a whole new Lizzie in the new year <3
What I’m Looking Forward to in December
- Christmas Movies!
- Christmas Music!
- *Hopefully* relaxing!!
Hope you loved my October & November 2021 month in review!
What did you do in October/November?