I feel like I just wrote my last month in review lol! This year is going by so fast and I can’t believe believe that we are now nearing the holidays. Before we official get into holiday mode, I thought I’d share my October 2020 Month in Review to recap what I did, where I went (because I actually DID go somewhere haha!), what I wore and more!
BA&SH Top c/o (also seen in this post) | Alexandre de Paris Barrette c/o | Review Australia Skirt (old – similar here) | Kate Spade Handbag (old – similar here and here) | Zara Heels (old – similar here) | Dior Lipstick
OCTOBER 2020 MONTH IN REVIEW
- We traveled for the first time ALL YEAR!
- I announced a group trip for next year!!! AHH! The location was just chosen and I will be sharing very, very soon! Do you have any idea of where it could be? 😀
- I cleaned out my coat closet and held my fist Instagram story sale! *Phew*
- My toes are fully healed and I’m now able to wear normal shoes!! We went easy with the hikes this time but I was still able to do it with no issues 🙂 YAY!
- Digestive issues have actually been okay! There was one instance where I got really, really sick after eating a few homemade meatballs but this just solidifies the exact foods I have reactions to and makes it so much easier to avoid them. The only thing that I’ve found difficult with this is when I’m not preparing the food myself. This is what happened with the meatball situation (not purposely, of course) and when we were in Tahoe, I had to adamantly make sure that there were no allergens prepared in my food or that could have contaminated it. I think that food allergies and sensitivities are difficult for some people to understand… or at least that’s been my experience. I’ve found that people are either VERY responsive and do everything they can to avoid it or they don’t really know what to do and in that case, I just stick with a safe choice like chicken.
What I Watched
I hardly ever watch TV but we’ve been watching shows/movies nearly every night since lockdown so there’s a lot haha! We’ve been watching a lot of comedies, classics and feel good movies <3 I’ve also got some on my list that a few of you recommended last time. Feel free to recommend more!
- The Office- This is what we watched when we run out of things to watch lol!
- Emily in Paris – Really cute, light show! I know it got a lot of criticism but I thought it was a nice little Parisian escape. It also inspired me to create my first lookbook!
- The Haunting of Bly Manor – I liked it but not as much as Hill House. They are very different! I think I was expecting a ghost story but it was more of a love story, which is great.. just not what I expected.
- Dolly Parton: Here I Am – I just love Dolly! Her story is so interesting and inspiring!
- Audrey Hepurn – Also love Audrey and loved this documentary! I can’t remember the title though.
- Confessions of a Shopaholic – One of my faves! I used to have the books as well!
- Not Another Teen Movie – I forgot how fun this was haha!
- Unsolved Mysteries- Season 2!! I think I liked the first season better but there were a lot of unique stories in this one! I think the second episode was my favorite!
- Upload – We already watched this but we re-watched with my mom and brother in Tahoe because they hadn’t seen it. They loved it!
- Haunting of Hill House – My brother requested to watched a couple of episodes!
- Steel Magnolias- First time watching! My husband recommended it!
- Confessions of a Shopaholic – Yes, I watched it again lol! My husband hadn’t seen it!
- Trick R Treat – We watched this for the first time on Halloween! Not really sure how I feel about it because there was a lot going on but it was a very interesting and entertaining watch! When it was done, I literally said .. “what in the world?” haha!!!
What I Listened To
- Lots of indie music! For some reason, it just gives me a fall vibe! Plus, an excuse to find new bands haha.
Where I Went
- Lake Tahoe!!
What I Bought
- These sweaters from & Other Stories! First time shopping there and very happy with these picks <3
Products I Tried
- All of the products from my recent Friday Unboxing!
Favorite Outfits From October
- I absolutely love all of these stunning hat designs along with my very first designer interview!!
- Obsessed with these girly fall wardrobe staples!
- These Parisian chic outfits were so much fun to recreate!
Most Popular Blog Posts from October
- Emily in Paris Outfits
- September Month in Review
- Feminine White Monochrome Outfit for Fall
- Mastering French Girl Style
Video Content from October
- Extreme Closet Clean Out | All of My Winter Coats
- Girly Girl Clothing Try On Haul
- Emily in Paris Outfits
- I Stayed in a Haunted AirBNB
- Lake Tahoe Travel Vlog
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Fall Bucket List this past month:
- Go on a Trip Somewhere – We went to Lake Tahoe! <3
- Explore the Changing Leaves with a Hike Outdoors – We went on a few hikes in Tahoe 😀
- Clean Out my Coat Closet – I cleaned out alllll of my coats!
- Do Some Gardening – I finally received my new pink pot so I replanted some of my baby succulents. So far they are thriving in their new home!
- Add in a Few Classic Wardrobe Staples – It’s been a few years since I bought sweaters so I added a few new ones into my closet.
Annual Goals Check In
You can find all of my 2020 goals here!
- Stay Organized – I’m naturally a very organized person but lately it’s been difficult for me to stay organized. Many times, I’m juggling 100 tasks and I get completely overwhelmed… and then things just get crazy lol! I’m trying to be better at not allowing things to build up and doing things one step at a time. I’ll be working on this more this month and will try to get into a better rhythm that doesn’t overwhelm me.
- Stop Procrastinating and Make Decisions – This was also on my list for last month but I’m still working on it. I’ve been actively and consciously forcing myself to make decisions without doing a million hours of research or thinking lol! I’ve been practicing moreso on smaller tasks and that seems to be helping!
What I’m Looking Forward to in November
- Decorating for the holidays!! <3
- Layering! This is probably my favorite fashion season!
- Taking more time for myself and my health 🙂
Hope you loved my October 2020 month in review!
What did you do in October?
If you missed yesterday’s YouTube video, you can watch it below! I share all of my luxury beauty recommendations from Sephora along with how you can save even more money by shopping the Sephora Holiday Savings Event! This is also my very first sponsored YouTube video and I’d be so grateful for any support! Thank you so so much!! <3
Anddd if you’re looking for even more beauty tips and tricks, myself and a few other bloggers put together a Holiday Beauty Guide in conjuntion with Lexli skincare!! I know you all will love it!!
Last week’s most clicked on post was….
Absolutely loved all of her halloween costume ideas and she pulled all of them off flawlessly!