I can’t even believe I’m saying that *gasp!* This
month *ahem* year went by SO fast! It’s crazy. That also means that the holiday season is coming up and I just LOVE Christmas haha 😉 But today, I’m sharing my October 2019 Month in Review! Read on to see where I went, what I did, what I bought and what I’m looking forward to!
Cece Top c/o (similar here) | Mott & Bow Jeans | Chi Chi London Coat c/o (similar here) | Asos Headband (on sale for $10!) | LC Lauren Conrad Bag (old – similar here) | Zara Heels (old – identical here)
October 2019 Month in Review
- I went to Yosemite and had the most relaxing trip we’ve had in a while 🙂
- I had an amazing month of breakthroughs and personal growth.
- I learned that I have way too many clothes haha! (Don’t worry, I donated them!)
I shared my completely elimination diet update earlier this month! I did try reintroducing a few things again but I had the same symptoms – cramps, bloating, fatigue, etc so I decided to take a break for a few weeks before I try again. I’ll update you guys next month! For now, I’m just focusing on making healthier food choices without problem foods and getting back into my gym routine 🙂
What I Watched
- The Good Place – We finished up all three season on Netflix and then started watching the fourth in real time!
- American Horror Story – This can be a questionable show sometimes, but I’m really enjoying the storyline and 80s throwbacks this season!
- Joker – LOVED this movie! Beautifully done yet emotional, raw and disturbing. Highly recommend if you haven’t seen it yet!
- Hocus Pocus – I had not seen this is YEARS and I forgot how much I loved it!
- The Addams Family – Another that I hadn’t seen in a while. So much funnier watching as an adult lol.
- Anddd more scary movies that I can’t remember lol!
- Sweet Home Alabama – I needed a cute feel good movie after all the scary movies.
- Aaron Doughty and Victor Oddo – I’ve been working on myself a lot this past month so I’ve been watching a ton of motivational videos. I found these two by accident and watching their videos has truly helped me find peace and create a more positive mindset!
- School of Affluence – There’s been bit of controversy around this girl, but I really like her! I think she seems very genuine and she has a lot of great info. I watch mainly for the etiquette and style videos!
What I Listened To
- The Frozen Soundtrack lol! Prepping myself for Christmas <3
- Took a break from podcasts this month.
Where I Went
What I Bought
For the first time, I shopped Blair Eadie’s new collection!
- Pink Trench Coat – LOVED THIS! The quality is amazing, it’s super warm, flattering and designed really well but….it’s wayyyyyy too long. And by too long, I mean it’s almost down to my ankles (I’m 4’11”). So sad that she didn’t make a petite version of this because I probably would’ve bought every color so back it goes!
- Pink Bow Blouse – I missed out on the one last year so I was very excited to see it back this time. However, I didn’t love that the pink bows were brighter than the blush pink fabric of the top. I also didn’t love that the bows were organza rather than velvet. Undecided if I’ll keep.
- Plaid Bow Dress – Really loved this one too BUT it’s wayyyy too big and just overwhelms me completely. The fabric was thicker and the quality was great but the one I got was damaged so this will be going back as well.
- Fair Isle Sweater – I really loved the colors and print on this! The fabric was soft and doesn’t seem too itchy so I’ll probably keep this one.
- Faux Leather Skirt – Haven’t received. Will update!
- Pink Bow Coat – Haven’t received. Will update!
While I did love the items in person and I thought the quality was good for the price point, many of the items were not petite friendly. Sizing seems to be normal for the most part but personally items were either too long or too wide. This is also my first time buying from this brand so I didn’t know what to expect. Quality was much better than I expected but I do wish that she would’ve created some of the pieces for us petite ladies 🙁 We seem to always get forgotten.
Products I Tried
- Check out my October Beauty Faves which includes products from Diptyque, Pat McGrath, Jill Stuart, Lancôme and Givenchy!
Favorite Outfits From October
- SO obsessed with this gorgeous purple floral dress!
- Adore this darling menswear inspired Blair Waldorf-esque outfit!
- This dark floral dress looks perfect paired with pink for fall!
Most Popular Posts from the Month
- Neutral Fall Outfit Essentials for Your Complete Your Wardrobe
- I Tried a Food Elimination Diet…Her’s What Happened
- September 2019 Month in Review
Posts from Others That I Loved
- A Day in the Life: What It’s Like to be a Travel Writer – Annie Fairfax
- My Thoughts on the Search for Validation – Caitlin Houston
- A Friendsgiving Tablescape & Tips for Hosting – Life with Emily
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Fall Bucket List this past month:
- Plan a Trip to Somewhere I’ve Never Been – We are going to Palm Springs in a couple of weeks and might possibly have another trip planned as well!
- Go to the Gym (and Classes) Regularly – I just started back this past week 🙂
- Buy Some Cute Workout Clothing – Bought some new pastel work out tops!
- Explore the Changing Leaves with a Hike Outdoors – We explored the magic of fall in beautiful Yosemite!
- Finish Up Fall/Winter Wardrobe Clear Out and Donate – I did a MASSIVE clear out a few months ago of spring and summer items so I wanted to do the same for fall and winter. I’m happy to say that it was a success and I ended up dropping off six giant bags of clothing, shoes and accessories!
- Sit Around a Campfire Eating S’mores and Playing Guitar – Checked this off in Yosemite also. Usually it’s really cold in October so it was nice to play guitar without frozen fingers haha!
Annual Goals Check In
Anddd of course, I have to check in with my annual goals 😉
- Make Health a Priority – Now the I’ve got my physical health under control, I started the process of caring for my mental health and well-being. This month was really just a giant epiphany moment. I’ve been working on keeping a positive mindset, showing gratitude and loving myself 🙂
- Get More Organized – You guys, I have been SO productive this month and it just makes me so happy! I was feeling pretty bummed out about Instagram and was just being way too hard on myself. I decided to start posting every other day instead of everyday and it has been an incredible change! The extra time has allowed me to focus my efforts elsewhere and get things done that I’ve been dreaming of doing for over a year. I crossed SO many big things off my to do list this month and made plans for the rest of the year and into the next. For a long time, I felt like everything was just chaotic and that I didn’t have enough time each day to get things done and now that I’m caught up on everything (and even ahead!), I just feel so much better!
What I’m Looking Forward to in November
- Palm Springs!
- Celebrating our 11 year dating anniversary!
- Putting up the Christmas tree, decorating for Christmas and just doing holiday things 🙂
Hope you loved my October 2019 month in review! And I hope you had a great Halloween!
What did you do in October?
*Also, I partnered with Lexli Skincare to bring you the Holiday Beauty Guide packed full of tips and tricks from tons of amazing influencers. You can view the guide here!
Last week’s most clicked on post was….
What lovely fall outfit! I love the dark floral dress paired with brown accent of the boots and belt!