I still can’t believe that the holidays are here and new
year *ahem* decade is about to start! November was a crazy busy month but it was also very enlightening and exciting! Very much looking forward to making December even more amazing 🙂 This Month in Review series has by far been my favorite to share with you and it seems like you all feel the same way. What started out as a little experiment has turned into so much more and I’m happy to make it a permanent addition in the new year and beyond! Read on for my November 2019 Month in Review to see what I did, where I went, what I bought and what I’m looking forward to!
But first things first… how swoon-worthy is this outfit?? This coat is actually an oldie-but-goodie that I picked up from Target many years ago but I adore it and I think it looks so chic with the cream sweater dress. Also, you guys are going to DIE over the hair clip… it’s literally jaw-dropping! I have an extensive collection and this might be my favorite piece of all time. The brand, Les Couronnes de Victoire, is known for their beautiful and unique floral hair accessories (which I’ll be showing you quite soon) but they have a lovely assortment of sparkly items that would be perfect for the holidays and NYE! Make sure to check them out <3
Chicwish Dress c/o | Target Coat (old – similar here) | Jeffrey Campbell Heels (old – similar here) | Review Australia Handbag c/o (love this and this! – also seen in this post) | Chanel Brooch (love this!) | Les Couronnes de Victoire Hair Clip c/o | BaubleBar Bracelets c/o
November 2019 Month in Review
- My husband and I celebrated our 11th dating anniversary at the happiest place on Earth…. Disneyland! It’s our tradition to go there every year to celebrate 🙂 For more posts about us, make sure to read the story of how I met my husband, our marriage Q+A and our dating Q+A.
- I went to my first conference ever for BlogHer! Loved every second and learned so much!
- I spoke on my local first in-person panel about my blogging journey!
- I completely re-designed my website! I hope you guys love it 😀
I shared my complete elimination diet update in October but I have done a couple more small re-introductions since then. Sadly, my symptoms were still there (worse in some circumstances). I had a few bloating situations where I legit looked pregnant! My most recent re-introduction was at Disneyland. I only had a bite or two of the problem foods and had mild cramping after each one. Mexican cheese seemed to be okay though! After I ate a few bites of a chocolate chip cookie, I felt SO sick! So so so sick! Not sure if it was something in the cookie or just having “too much” of something but I powered through it and still enjoyed my time. Definitely a lesson learned on my part. I just wanted some Disney holiday food haha! Anyway, I will be removing the problem foods from my diet moving forward and will see if that helps long term. I hope to try re-introducing again in the future! Thank you all for the support <3
What I Watched
*Preface: We don’t normally watch this much TV (in fact, I hardly ever watch) but we got Disney+ so… that’s pretty self-explanatory lol!
- The Good Place – currently on the 4th season <3 Adore this show!
- American Horror Story – finished this up! I thought it was one of the better seasons.
- Boy Meets World – This is the first thing we started binging on Disney+. I forgot how much I loved this show! We’re just about done with the 4th season lol!
- Moana – watched this for the first time! It was super cute 🙂
- Coco – also watched this for the first time and cried like a baby!
- Up – love this one. And cried on this too haha!
- Inside Out – are you seeing a theme here lol? We get Disney+ and all my husband wants to watch are movies that make us cry! I love this one though!!
- Tangled – One of my faves <3
- Clueless – an old favorite! I hadn’t seen it in so long and forgot how much I loved it!
- Frank James – I just discovered this channel and I love it! He talks more about Psychology and personality types rather than the typical fashion & beauty channels I watch. We share the same personality type and it’s a bit creepy because I feel like I’m watching a male version of myself at times haha!
- The Fash Life Series – This is a really fun and light show about bloggers! I’ve followed the creator of the show on Instagram for a while and we finally got to meet in person. She’s such a sweetheart! Make sure you give it a watch <3
What I Listened To
- The Frozen Soundtrack (first movie)
- Christmas Music…..since Halloween haha!
- Took a break from Podcasts this month BUT I’m going to be interviewed for another one next week!
Where I Went
- Palm Springs – my first time going and definitely not my last! Loved it SOOO much and we stayed in the absolute dreamiest home! I’ll have a post up as soon as I’m able but until then, check out my Instagram story highlight for a firsthand look at our trip.
- Disneyland – we had a lovely trip! And it surprisingly wasn’t as busy as I had feared. I love going during the holidays because the decorations are magical and the holiday food is to die for! You can see more of this on my Instagram stories as well and if you’re planning a trip to Disney in the future, check out this post for some greats tips!
What I Bought
- 50mm 1.4 Canon Camera Lens – I’ve been waiting for this go on sale all year and I finally snagged it up during Black Friday!
- Blue Snowball Microphone – The YouTube launch is starting to get real!
- Really pretty tulle socks (similar here)
- Lovely lilac sweater (it’s under $25 currently!)
- Nude faux fur collared coat
- Pink plaid skirt
Products I Tried
- All of these pretties from my Friday Unboxings on Instagram!
- Everything in my Holiday Gift Set and Stocking Stuffer Guide!
Favorite Outfits From November
- I love these glamorous holiday party outfit ideas!
- This floral summer dress is perfectly styled for fall!
- Adore this gorgeous red cape for the holidays!
- Obsessed with the textures in both of these pretty pink outfit combos: pearls and faux leather & knit and tulle!
Most Popular Posts from the Month
- Best Winter Coat Colors & 33 Outfit Ideas to Recreate
- October 2019 Month in Review
- Pink Monochrome Outfit & Halogen Mini Review
Posts from Others That I Loved
- None this month, sadly! My computer went crazy and restarted suddenly so I lost the posts that I had saved. Lesson learned 😉
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Fall Bucket List this past month:
- Plan a Trip to Somewhere I’ve Never Been – we’re in the process of planning a few trips for 2020!
- Finish Up Fall/Winter Wardrobe Clear Out and Donate – doneee! And I finally listed some things on Poshmark (my closet is under @lizzieinlace)
- Buy Some New Furniture Pieces – I’ve got three on my wishlist but I haven’t pulled the trigger yet lol! Sooooo this one is in progress…
- Learn a New Skill – I learned how to set up an external mic on my camera haha! Not sure if that counts 😉 And I’m currently learning how to put together a bicycle lol!
- Go to an Amusement Park – went to Disneyland!! Going to another next week 😀 Can you guess which one?
Stay tuned for my Winter Bucket List!!
Annual Goals Check In
Anddd of course, I have to check in with my annual goals 😉I can’t believe I’ll be writing another one next month!!
- Expand my Creativity – At this very moment, my creative juices are flowing like crazy! I’m overflowing with ideas and now I’m just working on being more strategic with my time so I can implement them for you all. I have SO much coming for the new year and I am really, really excited to share more! I’m also feeling so much more confident in my content creation, especially my photo editing. It’s taken me what feels like a lifetime to create an editing style I love. I’m still working out a few tweaks but I’m very happy with the progress. My husband and I have also teamed up on a few recent photoshoots for other people!! I love that he has found something he is so excited and passionate about as well 🙂 We’re both learning and growing together each day.
- Be More Confident – I think that THIS will be the main thing I’ll be working on in the new year. I’ve had the craziest and most profound year of growth. I’m getting closer to accepting the person I am and getting more comfortable sharing it with the world. In fact, I posted my face… talking… on stories a couple of days ago. I can count on one hand, maybe even one finger, how many times I’ve done that this year. It was scary and I seriously considered deleting them. But I didn’t and I got the most amazing response. I want to do more of that. Just connect with people and not think so hard about how I have to be “perfect” or “on” or worry about what people will think of me… if what I have to say doesn’t matter… or wonder if people think that I’m not the person they expected me to be. My problem is that I think way too much about everything and I’ve learned that I just need to let go of that. I’ve built up these irrational and false fears in my head when in reality people just want to see the real person behind the photos. I plan to get out of my comfort zone and do more of that in December. Wish me luck! <3
What I’m Looking Forward to in December
- CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!
- CHRISTMAS TREATS!!!
- CHRISTMAS MOVIES!!!
- Reflecting on the year and making new goals!
- Officially starting my YouTube filming (subscribe to my channel to be the first to know when I launch)!
- Work on the gajillion other projects I have planned for the new year – eek!!!
Hope you loved my November 2019 month in review!
What did you do in November?
Shop the Look
Last week’s most clicked on post was….
Such a beautiful a classic outfit! I love the rich navy paired with the gold accessories!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!