I feel like the year just started and it’s already flying by! Tomorrow I’m off for a whirlwind trip to NYFW…I can’t believe it’s already here! And today, I’m starting a new series called Month in Review, where I’ll be sharing little personal tidbits about my previous month! Hope you like it 😉
Chi Chi London Coat (old – similar here) | Cece Top c/o (matching jacket here) | Cece Skirt c/o | Cap Toe Shoes (old – similar here) | LC Lauren Conrad Handbag (old – similar here) | J.Crew Factory Headband (sold out – similar here) | Chanel Brooch
- I got glasses…but only for driving at night (apparently, I’m near-sighted in one eye). But they are superrr cute- clear cat eye frames with gold metal detailing. Very Lizzie 😉
- We finally got (most of) our new furniture! During Christmas break, I sold off the majority of our furniture because it was way too big for our small apartment. We ended up getting some smaller pieces that are more in line our style. Once it’s all finished, I’ll be sure to give you all a tour (along with a peek at my closet because I know you guys want to see that lol!).
- I started a food diary! Hopefully, it will help me find out what is causing my bloating issues.
What I Watched
TV/Streaming (Fun Fact: We don’t have cable! We use Playstation Vue and Netflix)
- Impractical Jokers – One of our faves!
- Shark Tank Re-runs – I’ve probably watched this way too much because now I’m constantly thinking about how I can negotiate everything lol!
- Marie Kondo – This month, everyone and their brother made Kondo-ing their home and life a “thing”…and you better believe that I did too!
- The Fyre documenty on Netflix – I honestly cannot believe people like this exist. Speechless.
- Just finished Gossip Girl (again) and YOU – YOU was actually pretty disturbing. Not horror movie scary, but just scary because this type of stuff actually happens. I took a crime profiling class in college so I was profiling him the whole time haha!
- Started the Ted Bundy series
- Peter McKinnon – I love watching all of his photography videos!
- Sorelle Amore – I just discovered her and I am obsessed with all of her videos!
What I Read (just started both of these)
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*** – lovingggg it so far! Just what I needed.
- Girl, Wash Your Face – so far, so good! It’s living up to the hype 😉
What I Listened To
- Of Monsters and Men (pretty much every song on repeat) – I’ve been on an Indie music kick lately so of course, they are high up on my list. Also found a couple of new bands/artists I’m loving: Harrison Storm, SYML, and Ruelle.
- Post Malone – I’m not much of a rap girl, but I do like Posty lol.
- Marshmello/Bastille’s “Happier” – This is my favorite song of the moment!
Podcasts (I drive a lot so I love listening to these in the car!)
- The Influencer Podcast – Always love this one for inspiring influencer tidbits and info.
- The YouTube Power Hour Podcast – I’ve been soaking up all the YouTube info lately in preparation for my launch!
- Drink with James – Not a podcast, but I always love hearing his perspective on certain subjects and the industry as a whole.
Where I Went
- Other than the normal LA travel, I’ve been pretty low-key this month. However, I’m leaving to New York TOMORROW for my first February Fashion Week – ahhh!
- Currently planning trips for the rest of the year – so far we’ve booked Carmel by-the-sea and Palm Springs.
What I Bought
- Ted Baker Gloves – I needed some gloves for NYFW and had the hardest time finding any nearby (since it’s still pretty warm in California). When I found these, I was so obsessed that I ended up buying all three colors because I couldn’t choose a favorite lol!
- Jeffrey Campbell Boots – I never ever buy myself anything, but these were too pretty to pass up and I knew they’d look perfect with my tights for NYFW. My normal size 6 was out of stock so I tried the 6 1/2 and they fit perfectly!
- Sperry Boots – I never thought I’d own a snow boot lol. Another NYFW purchase…more practical than stylish, but I did manage to find them in pink!
Products I Tried
- LOVED everything from my recent rose scented beauty products post!
- Also loving the Clarins Pore Control Serum
Most Popular Posts from the Month
Posts from Others That I Loved
Annual Goals Check In
I want to make it a habit of checking in monthly with my annual goals (I’ll be highlighting one in a post for each month this year!).
- Get More Organized – I got so crazy with my organization last month! I started the process of decluttering EVERYTHING (home, closet, people) and have been sticking to my organizational goals for the blog – woohoo! You can read all about how I stay organized as a blogger in this post!
So what do you guys think of my first Month in Review post? I’ll be sure to include things like recipes and fitness updates for the future as well 🙂 Thoughts? Feedback? Let me know!
And even though I’m leaving for NYFW tomorrow, I still have a really special blog post going up on Friday….my four year blog anniversary!! <3 You don’t want to miss it! And of course, you’ll want to link up your blog posts too! 😉
**For exclusive NYFW coverage and behind-the-scenes, make sure you are following along on my Instagram stories!**
What did you do in January?
Shop the Post
This Valentine’s Day, it’s time to treat yourself! I’ve teamed up with a group of bloggers to give you
a chance to win a $750 Nordstrom Gift Card!
To enter: complete the steps in the rafflecopter below. The more steps you complete,
the more entries you receive, and the better your chance at winning!
This giveaway runs until Friday, February 15th at 12am PST
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
*this giveaway is in no way sponsored by Nordstrom.