It’s hard to believe that we are nearly halfway through the year! May was quite a big (and busy) month! We did a bit of traveling, shopping, planning anddd I had a very exciting collaboration come out (more on that below). Read on for my May 2022 Month in Review to see where I went, what I did, what I wore and what I’m looking forward to in June!
May 2022 Month in Review
Pink Sister Jane Dress (similar here, here and here) | White Kate Spade Tweed Handbag (similar) | Floral Anothersole LIZZIE Shoes c/o | Scalloped Lack of Color Hat | White Lele Sadoughi Flower Necklace | Sequin Jewelry Pearl Bracelet c/o (use LIZZIEINLACE20 for 20% off!) | Olivia Mar Ring c/o (similar) | Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick | Halo Hair Extension (use LIZZIEINLACE for $25 off!)
- We traveled to the Carlsbad area to check out the mission and the Flower Fields (where these photos were taken – check out my vlog here)!
- We went went antique shopping in Orange County!
- Anothersole name a shoe after me! This floral shoe is called the “Lizzie” and it was inspired by my feminine style 😉 You can see images of it above! It actually came in a navy floral as well but both sold out in a matter of 24 hours!! Can you believe it?
- Digestive issues were even better this month! I started taking some new supplements and they’ve definitely helped. Glad to be back on track!
- I’m just coming off of another crazy busy time (both personally and professionally) so I haven’t been consistent with my work outs. Luckily, things seem to be slowing down so I’m excited to get back into it. In the meantime, I’ve been active on the weekends. My husband and I have been playing a bit of basketball at the park and are thinking about getting into tennis!
- Everyone else is doing great!! 🙂 Thank you SO much for the continued prayers over the last few months.
What I Watched
- The Sopranos – We started this last month and are currently on season 4! First time watching and really enjoying it!
- The Batman – Loved it! I thought that Robert Pattison did a great job and I loved The Riddler! A lot of people are comparing this to The Dark Knight and while I think it was well done, I do think some parts were drawn out. It was a great watch but in my opinion, not on the same level as The Dark Knight.
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall – One of my faves! So funny and such an easy watch 🙂
- Pet Sematary (original) – First time watching! I can see why it’s a classic! Decent movie with an interesting story (although I do prefer It and The Shining)
- The Forever Purge – I don’t typically watch these movies but it was decent! Very sad story overall though 🙁
- Secret Window – First time watching! Interesting story and a bit more slow paced than I prefer but I did appreciate the slow burn. The last few minutes were great!
- House of Gucci – I really liked the story and of course, I was immersed in the fashion aspect of it but I do think it was a tad too long. It also seemed a bit soap opera-y but I still enjoyed it!
What I Listened To
- XM Radio – My trial is expiring in a week so I’ve got to take advantage! Or maybe I should just extend it lol.
Where I Went
- Carlsbad Flower Fields
- Mission San Juan Capistrano
- Orange Circle (antique area)
Products I Tried
- All of the products from my Friday Unboxing!
May Best Sellers
What I Bought
- A vintage Whiting & Davis handbag and the most STUNNING jeweled vintage hand mirror! Would you like to see my updated vintage collection?
Favorite Outfits From May
- I absolutely love this lovely vintage inspired outfit!
- Obsessed with this adorable white eyelet dress!
- This pink tulle skirt is so dreamy!
Most Popular Blog Posts from May
- Ladylike Outfit Essentials
- Kentucky Derby Essentials
- Myths & Misconceptions About Femininity
- April 2022 Month in Review
Video Content from May
- Online Makeup Academy Review
- Southern California Travel Vlog
- Best Feminine Fragrances
Seasonal Bucket List Check In *
Here are the items I checked off from my Spring Bucket List this past month:
- Plan a Future Trip – Planning a couple but haven’t booked anything yet!
- Update Outdoor Patio – In progress!
- Learn a New Skill – I’m currently taking a course for makeup certification!
- Do Some Gardening – Planted some wildflower seeds on the patio! My dahlias are finally coming back too!
- Go on a Road Trip – We went to Carlsbad to check out the flower fields and mission! We also went antique shopping in Orange County!
- Indulge in a Self-Care Day (at least once a week) – I’ve been doing little things (bubble baths, mask, facial steaming, etc) once a week but I’d love to do it more.
Annual Goals Check In
You can find all of my 2022 goals here!
- Prioritize Health & Wellness – This has been a continuous goal of mine for a few years now and honestly, I’m so proud of how far I’ve come in this journey and excited to see what kind of growth I can experience in the future. Instead of feeling victimized by my food allergies and the drastic diet changes that have resulted from them, I’ve learned to embrace them in a positive and healthy way. And instead of being hard on myself for missing workouts, I’ve given myself grace and have learned to talk to myself and my body in a positive way. I have gained control over my life rather than giving that control away to others and have decided to write my own story instead of living for other people in an effort to please them. I’ve forgiven those who have wronged me, set up necessary boundaries and have given myself permission to let go of the relationships that are no longer beneficial to my health. The negative thinking patterns, low self esteem and comparison has come to an end as I’ve embraced a newer, healthier self. These changes did not come over night and if you’re a avid reader, you’ve seen the process unfold. And this is only the beginning of my wellness journey. I feel like June is going to be an even bigger turning point for me in this area – this is something I have been craving for awhile and I could not be more excited.
- Take Action – For the past couple of months, balance has been something that I’ve been working on. I’ve had a lot going on (most of which was out of my control) and as result, I became quite exhausted. This past month, I had an epiphany of sorts. Yes, I am a busy person but I think that I make myself busier than I need to be. I say yes to way too many things and have become burnt out multiple times in the process. This is just not serving me anymore. There are things that I can’t control but there are many that I can. As I get older, I realize how precious my time is. I want it to count. I want to work toward something more rather than spend all of my time “catching up” on day-to-day tasks. I think that this epiphany came at the right time because it very much coincides with my health transformation. I’ve been thinking a lot about what I want for the future and there are definitely some things that I need to make more time for. I think that June will mark a new beginning for so many things in my life.
What I’m Looking Forward to in June
- My birthday!!! <3
- Hopefully some travel and time to relax 🙂
- Starting more healthy habits
- My floral sneaker launch!! They are currently on pre-sale (use presaleLIZZIE at checkout for 30% off!)
Hope you loved my May 2022 month in review!
What did you do in May?
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!