Although May isn’t quite over yet, I thought I’d share this early 🙂 I’ve been out for a bit but I’m happy to be back! Read on for my May 2021 Month in Review where I’m sharing what I did, where I went, what I wore and what I’m looking forward to in June!
MAY 2021 MONTH IN REVIEW
- I decided on a new car! My lease is almost up and the new one should be here at the end of next week! I’s bittersweet because I love my current but I’m also very excited about the new one because it has a moon roof (that was the only thing keeping me from buying my current one)
- I’ve been chatting with my brother on a regular basis <3
- We went back to Carmel and checked out some new places this time around! Vlog and blog posts to come soon 🙂
- Succulents aren’t blooming anymore but they are growing like crazy! I’ve ordered a few new pots and I’ve got two more in my shopping bag lol!
- Digestive issues were okay this month but I found myself MUCH more tired than normal. Not sure what is going on but I’m just so exhausted all the time 🙁 I did re-introduce bread recently and although I haven’t been cramping, I’ve been bloating so this might be the issue. Before I found out about my allergies, I felt exactly the same way – no energy and just EXHAUSTED for no reason. I’m going to stop eating it and hopefully, I’ll be back to “normal”
- I’ve been writing in my gratitude journal, have been meditating and have been much more consistent with home workouts. I just worked out 7 days in a row so this is huge! 😀 I’ve been doing lots of pilates and yoga but I’ve also been walking around the neighborhood.
- My husband FINALLY got in for his endoscopy yesterday (after waiting for monthssssss). He has gastritis and they did a biopsy as well. He will go back again for further evaluation but very happy that we finally know what the issue is. We thought it was either tthat or an ulcer. But now he has to change his diet and since I already have a very different diet than him, it might be a bit challenging for the next few weeks. Wish us luck!
What I Watched
As you can, we’ve slowed down on the TV binging haha! I think we ran out of shows and movies after a year. Would love some recommendations! We have Netflix, HBO Max, Disney +, and Prime.
- Modern Family – We literally just started this last month and we’re already on the last season lol! Love it!
- Those Who Wish Me Dead – Personally, I wasn’t a fan. I think it had potential but it was far too slow for me.
- Dumb and Dumber – This one never gets old! I laugh every single time lol!
- Army of the Dead – Entertaining but overall, it was just okay!
- My Fair Lady – First time watching and I absolutely loved it! The fashion is incredible!
- Nick Johnson – We love his Unboxing series! I’m always dreaming of new places to visit so it’s fun to watch.
- Gem Goddess – Love her pick-a-card readings! They always put me in a good mood.
- Cody Ko – We’ve been watching a lot of his videos and they always make me laugh lol!
- Antphrodite – Love his true crime and celebrity readings but mostly watch because he’s so entertaining lol!
What I Listened To
- Really just whatever is on. I haven’t actively searched out any new music this month
Where I Went
- Carmel by-the-sea
- I drove to LA again to look at cars (if you’re wondering why we drove so far it’s because the nearest Mini dealership is in LA)
What I Bought
- I bought these pots and this planter!
- I also got some cute summer items (below)!
- I found some vintage Dior earrings!
Products I Tried
- All of the products from my Friday Unboxing!
May Best Sellers
Favorite Outfits From May
- I absolutely love this cute little polka dot set!
- Obsessed with these gorgeous shoes!
- These girly hair accessories are so dreamy!
Most Popular Blog Posts from May
- Mid-Year Goal Check In
- Bella Belle Shoes Review
- Parfums de Marly Delina
- 6 Ways to Wear a White Skirt This Season
Video Content from May
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Spring Bucket List this past month:
- Do more self-care – I’ve been doing TONS of self-care this month!
- Try a new lemonade or tea recipe – I had an Arnold Palmer with cranberry juice – yum! I’ve been mixing lots of lemonades with tea this month (raspberry, strawberry, blueberry)
- Work on new projects – I did some website updates and I’ve been working little by little on my other project.
- Go on a road trip – We went to Carmel by-the-sea
- Workout consistently – Yay! I did it!
- Plant more flowers – I’ve stated propagating more succulents.
- Watch classic movies that I haven’t seen – Watched My Fair Lady
Annual Goals Check In
You can find all of my 2021 goals here!
- Prioritize Health & Wellness – I have been doing SO well in this area! I’ve been making much more of an effort, even if that means it takes time away from my work. I did take an unexpected two weeks off though. We were traveling, I was really tired (probably from the bread) and I’ve been super busy lately so I just needed a break. The old me would have pushed through it and caused myself to continue working but now I recognize that I need to nourish myself more and if that means I need some time off, then it’s okay.
- Let Go – I’ve also been making an effort to let go of the past – people that have wronged me, situations that were out of my control, decisions I’ve made, etc. Instead of holding on to those negative emotions, I’ve really tried to move past it and forgive. Some things have been harder to forgive than others but I’ve had a much easierr time since I started prioritizing my health.
What I’m Looking Forward to in June
- MY BIRTHDAY!
- Updating the patio!
- My new car!
- Hopefully feeling a little better and more energetic<3
Check out my NEW Video below where I chat about being a girly girl and caring way too much about what others think! It’s a good one 🙂 Hope you enjoy!
Hope you loved my May 2021 month in review!
What did you do in May?
P.S. These dreamy images were taken in our room at the beautiful Hofsas House Hotel!