I have a fun video for you today – a MASSIVE makeup collection clean out (highly requested) – and a little bit of what life has been like lately in quarantine! It’s been a month since I shared my last update so I thought now might be a good time 🙂
MAKEUP COLLECTION CLEAN OUT & LIFE LATELY
HOW I’M FEELING
I’ve been all over the place this month. For the most part (like 95% of the time), I’m feeling good about things… super positive, hopeful and just in a good mood in general. Keeping busy has really been helping to keep the worries away but now that I’ve finished up the majority of my current projects, I’ve been craving some down time so I’m looking forward to that. I miss being outside and I miss the presence of other people (even as an introvert).
This month has not been kind to my allergies. I’ve had multiple sinus infections, broken out in hives and can’t even step outside without having some sort of issue. There are some sort of flowering bushes surrounding my entire complex and we had to stop going for our evening walks because I just couldn’t handle it. I would come back from a 15 minute walk and be sick for the rest of the day 🙁 Thankfully, it looks like the blooms are starting to die so evening walks could be back on the agenda in the near future 🙂
Being “locked” inside has really been quite lonely. Of course, I have my husband and he’s been such an incredible support system during this time but as an essential worker, he is away for most of the day so I immerse myself in my own work. However, it’s nice just to have someone to talk to sometimes. Recently, I had a falling out with someone that I thought was a good friend. The feelings of betrayal, disappointment and confusion brought up a lot of issues from the past and I’ve realized that I seem to attract certain types of people into my life and this is something that really need to investigate further for the sake of my well-being.
I also miss traveling so so much. We were supposed to go on a trip for our anniversary and we, sadly, had to cancel. We’re going to try to reschedule for next year so I’m very much looking forward to that. We usually go somewhere (even just a day trip) at least once a month so the fact that I can’t go out and explore has been difficult to navigate. To bide time, we’ve been going for drives nearly every weekend. We’ve even had a picnic in the middle of nowhere! 🙂
I know that some states have already started opening up but California is not one of them and to be honest, I don’t know when things will finally go back to “normal” because plans seems to change everyday. It helps knowing that I’m not alone in feeling this way and that the feelings I do have are valid. And even with feeling isolated, I feel grateful for every single thing right now because that’s all I have and I feel hopeful and excited for the future. If this experience has taught me anything, it’s that I should slow down a little more, enjoy the little things and continue to find the good in every situation <3
WHAT I’VE BEEN DOING
- Working Way Too Much – This past month, I launched both a weekly newsletter and a YouTube channel and let me tell you… it has been exhausting (but also exciting!!). I’m having a lot of fun with both of these but I haven’t quite figured out how to juggle everything just yet. The video editing process has not come easy for me so it’s been quite time consuming but I know it will get easier 🙂 In the meantime, I’m really enjoying the process as a whole and both are fulfilling me creatively, which is exactly what I needed.
- Cleaning and Organizing – Last month, I did a massive skincare purge and this month I both a makeup declutter AND a huge clothing clean out.
- Tending to my Plants – Earlier this month, I trimmed my succulents and replanted. I’m currently growing tons of tiny succulents from fallen leaves and little wildflower seedlings.
- Watching TONS of Movies – Before the lockdown, I didn’t watch much TV and in fact, I still don’t watch a ton but we started having movie nights every night and that’s something that I look forward to everyday and I’ve really come to enjoy it.
- Working on Myself – I’ve been doing a lot of self work during quarantine but I haven’t really done that deep. It’s been mostly surface level but I feel like there are some internal things that I would like to work more on.
WHAT I WANT TO DO MORE OF
- Read More … or maybe start writing that book I’ve always wanted to write!
- Use My Sewing Machine – I have dreamed of the day that I would create my own designs and now that I have time to practice, I want to take full advantage!
- Do More Art – I need to dedicate more time to playing guitar, creating art, coloring, crafting and just enjoying the creative process. Also, I’ve got a ukulele and classical guitar coming so I’m excited to play some different instruments! Now if only we had room for a piano… haha!
Lastly, I hope that all of you are doing okay!! This is absolutely life-changing for the majority of us and I know that we all coping in different ways. Please know that I am thinking of all of you during this time and sending out so much love to every single one of you. If you ever need anyone to talk to for any reason at all, please feel free to reach out. I’m here 🙂
What kind of things have you been doing during quarantine? What do you want to do more of?
MAKEUP COLLECTION CLEAN OUT
In this video, I’m sharing my ENTIRE makeup collection and some of my favorite products along with my declutter process, how I organize all my makeup in a small space and what I do with the makeup I don’t keep. Hope you enjoy my makeup collection clean out! (it literally took me three days to edit lol!)
P.S. Clothing clean out is coming soon! <3