June was honestly such a wonderful month for so many reasons! We went away for an actual vacation (NO work!), my health was incredible and my brother surprised us with a visit home before he deploys. I’m so excited to share my June 2022 Month in Review with you! Read on to see where I went, what I did, what I wore and what I’m looking forward to in July!
June 2022 Month in Review
Black Chicwish Bow Top c/o (also in cream) | Black Chicwish Floral Skirt c/o | Pink Kate Spade Pearl Handbag (similar) | Black New Bella Bow Heels c/o (similar) | Black Bow Headband (similar) | Sequin Jewelry Pearl Bracelet c/o (use LIZZIEINLACE20 for 20% off!) | Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick | Halo Hair Extension (use LIZZIEINLACE for $25 off!)
- My brother surprised us with a visit!! He is here for a few more days before he deploys <3
- We traveled to Carmel by-the-Sea to celebrate my birthday and our belated anniversary!
- We got a new car! Or actually, my husband got a new car lol!
- Digestive issues were non-existent this month – woo hoo!! I’ve been feeling SOOOO much better!
- I’ve finally scheduled in time for a daily work out and I think that it’s definitely helping overall! I’ve been doing pilates and yoga along with walks around the neighborhood (when it’s not a million degrees outside lol)
What I Watched
- The Sopranos – We FINALLY finished! Absolutely loved the show! Not sure about the ending though lol…
- Breaking Bad – Watched this years ago when it came out and decided to rewatch to see which show is “the best of all-time” (this or Sopranos… although, I’m partial to Mad Men as my #1)
- Game of Thrones – I’ve never seen this but my husband has. I’m trying it out though – first episode is down! Should I continue?
- Top Gun: Maverick – Great movie!! Definitely a guy’s film haha but I really enjoyed all the aerial stunt work!
- Funny Face – I love this movie sooooooo much! The fashion is to die for!! That “think pink” montage – ahhhh perfection <3
- The Wizard of Oz – Such a classic feel good movie! Love this one <3
- Heathers – It’s been a while since I watched this and I never realized how dark it is!
- Stranger Things – This was SUCH a good season! I won’t spoil it for anyone but highly recommend!
- The Talent Mr. Ripley – First time watching. I liked the story overall but it was a bitttt too slow for me!
What I Listened To
- XM Radio – My trial ended and I couldn’t go without my 50s/60s stations (not to mention all my jams from the early 2000s haha!)
- My piano arrived and I’ve been playing up a storm!
Where I Went
- Carmel by-the-sea
Products I Tried
- All of the products from my Friday Unboxing!
June Best Sellers
What I Bought
- Some pretty dresses and a sun hat for a vacation that ended up being cancelled LOL! It will come in handy though 😉 And the dresses are soooooo pretty! I can’t wait to share!
Favorite Outfits From June
- I absolutely love these lovely feminine hair accessories!
- Obsessed with these adorable girly summer outfits!
- This floral smocked dress is so dreamy!
Most Popular Blog Posts from June
- Birthday Girl: Thoughts on Aging
- How to Plan a Birthday Party
- Best Gifts for Father’s Day
- Girly Braided Hairstyle Tutorial
Video Content from June
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Spring Bucket List this past month:
- Plan a Future Trip – Planning a couple but haven’t booked anything yet!
- Update Outdoor Patio – Our swing chairs finally arrived!! The rest is still in progress but should be done soon.
- Learn a New Skill – I’m currently taking a course for makeup certification and I’m learning more piano music.
- Go on a Road Trip – We went to Carmel by-the-sea!
- Indulge in a Self-Care Day (at least once a week) – I’ve been doing little things (bubble baths, mask, facial steaming, etc) once a week but I’d love to do it more.
- Work Out Consistently (at least 3-5 times a week) – I just started working out again and so far, so good!! I’m actually really enjoying it 🙂
- Try a New Lemonade or Tea Recipe – I’ve been drinking TONS of tea and lemonade of different flavors. I’ve also started drinking matcha!
- Do a Spring Clean Out – I just did a MASSIVE closet clean out and I’m currently working through my accessories.
- Meditate & Write in my Gratitude Journal Everyday – I haven’t been as consistent as I’d like to be but I’m getting better about it!
- Do Something Creative – I’m currently working on a few home projects! I just finished painted my wardrobe, reorganizing my closet room and am in the middle of painting our patio set.
Check out my Summer Bucket List here!
Annual Goals Check In
You can find all of my 2022 goals here! The two were also the big goals for last month so in June, I expanded on them even more.
- Prioritize Health & Wellness – My health is THRIVING!! You do not know how happy this makes me. I’ve felt “blah” for years and now I’m finally starting to feel much better. My mental health has been fantastic! I did not have any issues with my food allergies this past month and the bloat seems to be disappearing more everyday, which is helping my self-confidence so much. I’ve also started to work out consistently. This has been one of the main struggles that I’ve endured since being diagnosed with food allergies. For so long, I didn’t have the energy for anything, including working out. But somehow, I’ve finally mustered up enough energy to start up again and I’m so proud of how consistent I’ve been this past month. I’m feeling better in SO many ways and I know that this is due in part to being more physically active. I’m excited to continue along with this routine in July and perhaps, introduce some new workouts!!
- Take Action – Last month, I shared a bit about my burn out and how I had a hard time saying no to many things. This past month, I decided to cut back on the mountain of work that I was doing everyday and it was pretty eye opening. I realized that there are a lot of things that I’ve been doing just for the sake of doing. In the past, I said yes to a lot of things to feel like I was moving forward but as result, it was actually holding me back. I thought about the things that I want to make more time for (both personally and professionally) and I’ve started to carve out a plan for it. Time is SO valuable… but it’s also finite. I cannot possibly continue at the pace I was going while also trying to start (and finish) other things that are important to me. This month, I am excited to create an entirely new schedule for myself, reprioritize my life and start on projects that I’ve been putting off for YEARS.
What I’m Looking Forward to in July
- My hubby’s birthday!
- Spending time with my brother!!
- My floral sneaker launch (hopefully)! They are currently on pre-sale (use presaleLIZZIE at checkout for 30% off!)
Hope you loved my June 2022 month in review!
What did you do in June?