Happy Friday, lovelies!
I’m a bit late on this but life has just been so crazy busy over the last couple of months so here we are 🙂 I, for one, cannot believe that this year is more than half way over – so wild! Read on for my June 2021 Month in Review to see what I did, where I went, what I wore and what I’m looking forward to in July!
River Island Puff Sleeve Dress (also available in a shorter length) | Lack of Color Scalloped Hat | Castañer Espadrilles | MantraBand Bracelet c/o (Use LIZZIEINLACEBDAY for 15% off until August 1st!) | Urban Stems Flowers c/o (Use LIZZIEINLACE20 for 20% off your order!) | Picnic Basket (similar) | Wooden Tray | Striped Blanket (similar)
JUNE 2021 MONTH IN REVIEW
- I celebrated my birthday!! Check out my birthday vlog here!
- My new car came in! I’ll be sharing on YouTube in the coming weeks but it’s another Mini and I love it so much!
- We got some new plants for the patio 🙂
- Digestive issues were much better this month (although I did get sick on my birthday, unfortunately)! I mentioned in my May Month in Review that I tried re-introducing bread and it didn’t go so well. My energy level has increased and my bloating has decreased after taking it back out 🙂 The thing about food allergies or issues in general is that it’s very much a trial and error process. I feel like a human guinea pig most times but I’m glad that the process is allowing me to figure out what works best for my body.
- Working out has just been okay! With the craziness of life, the 115 degree days and my lack of energy last month, I wasn’t able to work out as much as I’d like (indoor or outdoor). Hoping to get back on track this month 🙂
- As you know, my husband FINALLY got his endoscopy after waiting for MONTHS. His biopsy came back and he does not have the bacteria that usually causes gastritis. This is a bit out of the ordinary so he’s going in for another procedure next week to look at his gall bladder. I have faith that everything is okay but he’s been really uncomfortable. Would appreciate any prayers <3
What I Watched
As you can, we’ve slowed down on the TV binging haha! I think we ran out of shows and movies after a year. Would love some recommendations! We have Netflix, HBO Max, Disney +, and Prime.
- Modern Family – Finished it up! LOVED it!
- Gossip Girl – rewatching for the millionth time (I’m currently on the last season)
- I know we watched a lot more but I didn’t keep track this month – oops :-/
- Gem Goddess – Love her pick-a-card readings! They always put me in a good mood.
- Cody Ko – We’ve been watching a lot of his videos and they always make me laugh lol!
- Antphrodite – Love his true crime and celebrity readings but mostly watch because he’s so entertaining lol!
What I Listened To
- Really just whatever is on. I haven’t actively searched out any new music this month
Where I Went
- My Niece’s Birthday Party!
What I Bought
- I bought some vintage clip on earrings! Should I share my collection?
Products I Tried
- All of the products from my Friday Unboxing! I actually shared two unboxings in June so there’s more product than usual lol!
June Best Sellers
Favorite Outfits From June
- I absolutely love this stunning wedding guest dress!
- Obsessed with this gorgeous floral skirt!
- These feminine summer hair accessories are so dreamy!
Most Popular Blog Posts from June
- Birthday Girl: 34 Things That I Love
- Where to Stay in Carmel by-the-Sea
- How to Create a Cottagecore Aesthetic Outfit
- The Floral Summer Outfit I’ll Be Wearing All Season
Video Content from June
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Spring Bucket List this past month:
- Decorate our patio / outdoor space – Currently working on it
- Plant more flowers – We got a new cactus and some pink dahlias <3
- Do more self-care – I’ve been very consistent with this 🙂
- Read a good book – I just started one!
- Try a new lemonade or tea recipe – Always!
- Work on new projects – Still working on a few things – eek!
- Go on a picnic – Kind of for this photo shoot? It’s been wayyy too hot unfortunately!
And I just realized that I haven’t posted my summer bucket list lol! Oops!
Annual Goals Check In
You can find all of my 2021 goals here!
- Prioritize Health & Wellness – Health and wellness is something that I feel I am always working on and although I fell off the wagon with physical work outs in June, I’ve been doing really well mentally and emotionally. As many of you know, I had some pretty drastic life changes a few years ago and to be honest, it was really hard to move past it for a while. I’m happy to say that I’m finally on the other side and I feel like a new and improved version of myself – a sparkly, happy, sunshine-y Lizzie 🙂 I am back to my old self… but better and boy, does it feel good! I have continued to do a lot of inner work and it’s changed my entire world. This past month was heavily focused on this and it’s really helped to bring joy and excitement back into my life. I’ve always acknowledged my gratitude but now I see just how beautiful life can be, even in the simplest of moments, and I now understand why I had to go through certain situations and instead of feeling sorry for myself, I feel grateful for the lessons that I’ve learned and how they have shaped me as a person.
- Balance – I feel like most times I’m just running around like a crazy person lol! I always take on way too much but lately, I’ve been very mindful about trying to balance out my life. Instead of focusing solely on work, I’ve begun to focus more on myself. This has actually been quite a long process and something that I’ve been doing for about two years now but more recently, I’ve allowed myself permission to not finish tasks. This is huge! My to do list is always five miles long but I found that I was feeling really burnt out so I’ve been really focusing more on how I feel. I’ve gotten much more organized, which has helped immensely but I also haven’t been beating myself up for not finishing up my work. Instead of working until 1am to get everything done, I’ve been enjoying my evenings with Gossip Girl reruns and a full night’s sleep. I’ve also been taking more breaks because I realize that I’m just one person and I can’t keep going the way I did in the past. The result has been a much happier and more fulfilled self. Organizing things ahead of time has actually helped me save time and as a result, my work and my personal life have both improved.
What I’m Looking Forward to in July
- My husband’s birthday!! (it’s this weekend – woo hoo!)
- Everything 🙂
Hope you loved my June 2021 month in review!
What did you do in June