It’s that time of the month again… recapping the previous month in my July 2020 Month in Review! Anddd sharing this gorgeous Review Australia floral dress and coat! I am SO ready for fall and ready to get out all my pretty coats and fall dresses hehe! 🙂 This combo makes my heart sing! Read on for outfit details and my complete July 2020 Month in Review!
Review Australia Floral Dress c/o | Review Australia Pink Faux Fur Coat c/o (also love this and this!) | Asos Pearl Headband | Black LC Lauren Conrad Handbag (old – similar here) | Blush Pink Kate Spade Handbag (old – similar here) | Zara Illusion Cap Toe Heels (old – similar here) | Doll 10 Lipstick c/o
JULY 2020 MONTH IN REVIEW
- We celebrated my husband’s birthday!
- I broke my very first bone – ahh! Ran into a wall while I was dancing (lol!) and broke my toes. Also sprained my ankle and passed out shortly after 🙁 It was very scary but I’m doing better! I actually wasn’t sure how I would be able to take these photos but I made it happen thanks to my stool (hence the cropping – but I hope you still like them!)
- Got my first ukulele! And another classical guitar lol!
- Cutting out wheat has helped tremendously! It’s so crazy!
- I also cut back on sugar (not entirely).
- Progress was great until my little accident. I was getting back into yoga and doing home work outs but now I just feel kind of yucky :-/ I have some weights so I’m going to try doing some arm and ab stuff for the time being.
What I Watched
I hardly ever watch TV but we’ve been watching shows/movies nearly every night since lockdown so there’s a lot haha! We’ve been watching a lot of comedies, classics and feel good movies <3 I’ve also got some on my list that a few of you recommended last time. Feel free to recommend more!
- Parasite – have been wanting to watch this for a longgg time. Really enjoyed!
- Chuck and Larry – cute movie!
- Unsolved Mysteries – we watched all of them in the span of two days lol!
- Mamma Mia – kind of cheesy but fun to watch
- Spanglish – first time watching!
- Master of None – second time watching. Really enjoyed this series!
- No strings Attached – super cute!
- Community – started and finished all seasons!
- 1917 – amazing movie!
- The Grudge – the new one lol! It was okay
- Saving Silverman – first time watching!
- Birdman – interesting movie! First time watching.
- Sleepless in Seattle – first time watching!
- Assimilate – wasn’t sure what to think of this but it was intriguing! Very unique plot
- Train to Busan – incredible movie! Probably the best zombie movie I’ve seen.
- Bedazzled – first time watching!
- Along Came Polly – super cute!
- Dumb and Dumber – one of my faves <3
- True Detective – just started this series. Currently on the first season. Really enjoying so far!
- Ford vs Ferrari – amazing movie!
- Lala Land – first time watching. Loved every second!
What I Listened To
- Taylor Swift’s New Album – the songs are really pretty but I do wish she put a few upbeat ones on there too! For now, I’ll reserve it for lazy days.
- Of Monsters and Men – one of my faves! I always put them on when I don’t know what to listen to.
- Throwback music from my high school days – I’ve been rediscovering music and bands hat I haven’t listened to in a while! Bands like Sum 41, Blink-182, Green Day, Linkin Park, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, and Weezer are all on the list!
- I learned to play the ukulele and I got a classical guitar!! I hope to share some tunes soon on Instagram.
Where I Went
- Nowhere! We were supposed to go on a cross country road trip to Kentucky in mid-July but ended up having to cancel last minute :-/
Favorite Outfits From July
- This pretty pink dress is one of my all-time faves!
- Obsessed with this Blair Waldorf inspired outfit!
- I adore these dreamy swimwear faves!
Most Popular Blog Posts from July
- 8 Luxurious Red Lipsticks for National Lipstick Day
- 8 Powerful Ways to Increase Your Self Confidence
- June 2020 Month in Review
- Simple Summer Hairstyles Using Hair Accessories
Video Content from July
- 22 Ways to Look Expensive on a Budget
- My Girly Shoe Collection
- 8 Powerful Ways to Increase Your Self Confidence
- 5 Simple Summer Hairstyles with Hair Accessories
- Extreme Wardrobe Declutter & Pastel Closet Tour
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Summer Bucket List this past month:
- Plan a Future Trip (for next year!) – in the works!! Eeek!
- Lay Out by the Pool – so relaxing! Fully shielding myself from the sun, of course hehe!
- Go Swimming – twice! Just what I needed <3
- Try a New Recipe – Made grilled chipolte chicken – yum! Also the recipe for my Breakfast at Tiffany’s inspired cake is up!
- Clean Out My Accessories (shoes, handbags, hair accessories, jewelry) – started with my shoes
- Start Sewing Again – I created luxury scrunchies for my latest tutorial! Blog post coming next week 🙂
Annual Goals Check In
You can find all of my 2020 goals here!
- Be More Present – Being quarantined has done wonders in this department. Even though I still work a lot and very hard, I’ve gotten much more in the groove of things. When you work from home (especially if you enjoy what you do), it can be difficult to completely “shut off.” Setting specific “work hours” and sticking to them has worked amazingly! At 5pm, I end my work day and spend the evening with my husband – cooking dinner, chatting and watching a movie. And on the weekends, I’ve made it a point to NOT work. Under normal circumstances we shoot on the weekends, but since we’re still indoors, I’ve just been shooting myself during the week so I’ve been enjoying work free weekends for quite a while (something I never did before!). I used to think that I constantly had to be doing something – checking things off my to-do list, answering every email the second it came in, working myself into the ground on creating content… but this has allowed me to not only learn how to work smarter but has also given me permission to be easier on myself if I don’t get everything done. Working for yourself is hard in this aspect because you can’t just generally leave your work at work… but I’ve tried to adopt this mindset so that I can concentrate on spending time with those I love, a luxury that I sacrifice for everyday <3
- Stop Procrastinating and Make Decisions – True story: I am SO bad at making decisions! TERRIBLE! If anyone ever asks something, I just tend to say something along the lines of “Oh, whatever you want! You can choose!” I think this has stemmed from the mindset of avoiding conflict at all costs necessary and as a result, making decisions haas proven to be incredibly difficult. What happens is that when I’m faced with a tough decision, I tend to procrastinate because I don’t want to make the wrong one. I get anxious, stressed and feel overwhelmed and then nothing gets done. This is something that I’m actively working on and practicing every single day. It doesn’t come naturally to me but I know that practicing will make it much easier.
What I’m Looking Forward to in August
- Hopefully healing my toes so I can wear normal shoes again <e3
- Starting work on a new project 🙂
- Getting organized!
Hope you loved my July 2020 month in review!
What did you do in July?
Shop the Look
I’ll be sharing my YouTube video on Monday along with an accompanying blog post but if you’d like a sneak peek, check it out here!
Last week’s most clicked look was…
I’ve been loving the slip dress trend! Absolutely adore the way she styled this outfit!