This year is flying by! I can’t believe August is here (and that I won’t be subbing this year!). Read on for my July 2019 Month in Review – a look into what I wore, where I went, what I did and what I bought!
July 2019 Month in Review
- If you saw my BIG NEWS then you know that last month I officially became a full-time blogger! AHHH!
- We celebrated my husband’s birthday in Yosemite!
- I FINALLY finished the closet clean out that I’ve been working on for monthsss which ended in a massive donation pile and my very first consignment! Now it’s almost time to go through my fall/winter wardrobe haha!
- We went to San Diego for the first time and I got the WORST sunburn of my life! I really enjoyed the trip but coming back home with a second degree burn is no fun 🙁 I couldn’t walk for four days and ended up sick, developed some pretty crazy blisters and now have half a tan on my legs. Lesson learned – wear full body armor in the sun. And I must add that yes, I was diligent about applying sunscreen during my time at the beach but I guess this is just one of those freak situations :-/
For those of you wondering about my dietary progress in regards to my recent food intolerance diagnosis 🙂 I’m currently beginning week 14 of my 16 week elimination diet (I extended by 4 weeks since I experimented a lot in the first few weeks). This month, I’ll be reintroducing certain food groups one week at a time – wish me luck!
Here are some updates on my symptoms:
- Acne: I just noticed some hormonal acne on my jawline. Not food related.
- Migraines: Again, practically non-existent (I did have one this time but I used to get them every day so this is HUGE).
- Stomach Cramps: Diet related cramps are gone!
- Unexplained Weight Gain: Not sure if I’ve lost weight but I’m starting to look more “normal” (my normal, anyway – before this whole situation)
- Severe Bloating: Holy cow! This is the biggest change! My stomach is almost completely flat. I honestly can’t believe it!
- Insomnia: I was starting to get on a routine sleep schedule but now I’m back to going to bed late. I just can’t fall asleep butt I think this might be stress related.
- Extreme Daily Exhaustion, Fatigue and Tiredness: I feel great! I mean, I just did a 12 mile hike a couple of weeks ago! Who is this person?
Other changes: Nails are still really strong! It’s crazy!
What I Watched
- Mad Men – Finished! I never wanted it to end haha!
- Stranger Things 3 – Finished! I can’t wait for the next season!
- Chernobyl – I realllyyyy liked this mini-series!!
- Barry – I wasn’t sure about this one at first but after the first episode I was hooked. Loved every second!
- The Hills: New Beginnings – So I’m not really a drama-filled reality TV person BUT I grew up watching Laguna Beach and The Hills so of course, I had to check it out 😉
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants – I hadn’t watched this previously and I’m not sure what possessed me to watch it but I ended up crying my eyes out haha!
- I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube but no one in particular. I spent the past month studying different videos for editing techniques (for when I finally launch – yay!) and learning new skills for both art and business.
What I Listened To
- I’ve actually been learning and playing more music myself rather than listening to it.
- I’ve been listening to TONS of Podcasts every single morning to start my day – I’ll be sharing my faves soon in a separate post so I can go more in depth 🙂
What I Read
- I literally read everything these days. The most random stuff! But now I’ve set aside some time in my schedule to read some actual books. I have a few on my list but I’m always looking for recommendations! I love fiction, fashion, biographies of successful people and self-help/business related books.
Where I Went
- San Diego
What I Bought
- Treated myself to some pretty sunnies (these and these) – I’ve been obsessing with them for over a year and after sleuthing, I finally found them for a STEAL on eBay! I hardly ever shop but I have a knack for finding the most incredible deals on things and honestly, these have to be my best find ever!
- The cutest pearl headband! – ahh I love it! Very Blair Waldorf-esque 😉
- The most perfect heels ever – I’ve heard great things about this brand but seriously, how did I ever live without them? Also got them in blush pink 😉
Products I Tried
- NuFACE Trinity and Attachments– This device is a game-changer! I dedicated an entire blog post to it here!
- Stila Perfect Me Perfect Hue Eye & Cheek Palette – I love the colors in this palette and the size makes it so perfect for traveling!
- COVERGIRL Her Majesty Ascension Eyeshadow Palette – I adore the feminine colors in this palette! It’s also super affordable!
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof Mascara – Maybe one of my best drugstore discoveries! Comparable to the Too Faced Better than Sex mascara for a fraction of the price!
- L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipstick – Also very affordable! Love all the color options in this line!
- Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Toilette Perfume – The perfect summer fragrance! It smells delightful and the bottle is just adorable!
- YSL All Hours 24 Hour Foundation – This is INCREDIBLE! It really lasts all day and leaves behind a matte, flawless finish! I’m wearing it in my last three blog posts including this one!
- Diptyque Essences Insensées Eau de Parfum – This perfume is a dream! So sophisticated, feminine and luxe! Plus the bottle is an absolute stunner!
- Buxom Lipstick – I have the full range but Dolly Dreamer is my forever favorite! These colors are creamy, matte and highly pigmented! I’m wearing it in my last three blog posts including this one 🙂
- Givenchy Le Rose Perfecto Lipstick – Love this lipstick! Super hydrating, balm-like texture that leaves behind the faintest pop of pink! I also just received some products from Givenchy’s fall line. I’ll share those with you next time!
- Darphin Intral De-Puffing Eye Cream – I have been loving this! Super lightweight and I’ve already noticed a difference after using for a few weeks.
- There’s a lot more that I’m missing… perhaps I should do monthly beauty/skincare round ups? Thoughts?
Favorite Outfits From March
- I love this romantic white summer dress!
- Adore this darling plaid jacket and skirt set!
- This beauty and beast inspired outfit is one my faves!
Most Popular Posts from the Month
- Luxe For Less: Feminine Summer Beauty Essentials
- My Summer Bucket List and Intentions
- Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Top Picks
Posts from Others That I Loved
- Under the Tuscan Sun – Margo & Me
- Banff Canada Travel Guide – Straight A Style Blog
- 5 Tips to Increase Instagram Story Engagement – Officially Quigley
- How to Create a Cloffice on a Budget – Through Jam’s Eyes
- Top 10 Vegan Restaurants in London, England – Mollie Moore Blog
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Summer Bucket List this past month:
- Plan a Beach Day – Check! Went to Coronado, land of eternal sunshine 😀
- Plan an International Trip – Heading to Mexico on Monday!! Eeek!
- See the Waterfalls at Yosemite (and the Wildflowers at Tuolumne Meadows) – We did both a couple of weeks ago during our visit!!
- Try Some New Classes at the Gym – I tried Barre (which I normally love) and it ended up being like a Bootcamp class (which I don’t love) haha! I was sore for a WEEK!
If you create your own bucket list, let me know – I’d love to see what ideas you have on yours! <3
Annual Goals Check In
Anddd of course, I have to check in with my annual goals 😉
- Get More Organized – I’ve been doing A LOT of organizing lately, especially with the recent of changes of going full-time. Last week, I shared my mid year goal check in with you along with all the things that I use to stay on task. After working three other jobs previously while blogging, I feel like I’m finally starting to catch up on everyday things. I’m also currently planning some larger scale projects for the end of this year and into next year…including the launch of my YouTube channel!
- Be More Confident – This is something that I’ve been working on a lot this year. Actually, this is something I’ve been working on my whole life it seems haha… and to be honest, I have so much to say about the subject. This year, I’ve really been making it a priority to work on myself. In the past, I worked SO much that I put myself on the back burner at times and with all the life changes I’ve gone through in the past year, it was absolutely necessary to find time for my mental and physical health. I’ve already tackled the physical changes with my diet as well as the mental changes of finding my self worth both personally and professionally. I’ve been working more on my shyness, sharing more of myself with other people and really believing in myself and my dreams. The last thing on the agenda is probably the hardest thing I’ve struggled with and something that I haven’t talked about on here… ever – my physical body. As we speak, I’m currently working on self-acceptance and having a positive self-image toward my body. I really don’t know why but this has always been a struggle for me but I’m really looking forward to making this change. Maybe someday I’ll share more details… maybe I won’t… we’ll see 🙂
What I’m Looking Forward to in July
- Visiting Puerto Vallarta for the first time! I’m leaving on Monday 😀 Ahhh!
- NYFW planning 🙂
- Starting YouTube prep!
Lastly, I’d love if you could take a moment to complete my survey 🙂 I do this about once a year – it takes just a couple of minutes (it’s only 10 short questions, most of which are multiple choice) and is completely anonymous! This is incredible helpful for me to ensure that I’m giving you all exactly what you want to see/read as well on input on my future projects. Honest feedback and constructive criticism is ALWAYS appreciated!
Hope you loved my July 2019 month in review!
What did you do in July?
Last week’s most clicked on post was…
I loved how creative she was in styling her chambray skirt for a variety of occasions and seasons!