Woo hoo! First Month in Review of the new year and some pretty Valentine’s Day Outfit inspo (plus even more at the end of the post)!! I hope you all are doing amazing 🙂 Read on for my January 2021 Month in Review to see what I did, where I went, whaat I wore and what I’m looking forward to in February!
JANUARY 2021 MONTH IN REVIEW
- Finally finished unpacking and setting everything up
- I’ve been spending a ton of time with my brother before he leaves on Tuesday 🙁
- My baby succulents are growing like crazy! It’s almost time to start propagating again.
- Oh…. and I broke the glass on the back of my phone!! I have never dropped by phone and broken it 🙁 I got super excited about something, threw up my hands mid-dance and my phone flew out and landed on the hard wood floor – ugh! I swear dancing gets me in the stickiest situations…. broken toes, broken phone lol.
- I started doing yoga again this month! YAY! Toes were a bit sore after and have been sore after wearing heels but they are doing much, much better overall!
- Digestive issues came back 🙁 But I’m feeling better about it mentally. Instead of getting frustrated or upset, I give myself grace and try to learn more about why I had a reaction.
- Mentally, I’m doing great! I’m definitely ready for things to be back to “normal” but who isn’t lol. I’ve really just been trying to focus on myself and my own needs instead of everyone else and boy, does it feel good!
What I Watched
As you can, we’ve slowed down on the TV binging haha! I think we ran out of shows and movies after a year. Would love some recommendations! We have Netflix, HBO Max, Disney +, and Prime.
- Gossip Girl – I’m on season 4!
- The Office – We finished up until the end of season 7. I swear we’ve watched this five times in the past year lol
- Superstore – Just started this and so fa we like it! It’s a nice light-hearted comedy 🙂
- Night Stalker – Really liked this documentary!
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – One of my faves (although I think I prefer the original)
- Catch Me If You Can – One of my faves!
- Yellowstone – Hubby loved it! I got through one episode and it was just too slow for me. It was beautifully shot though! He wanted to watch it again so I might give it another try.
- Good Fellas – Started watching but I fell asleep lol
- This Little Things – Okay so I have a lot to say. My city made a big deal about this movie because of a connection but I was very disappointed. Let me just say, that I went into it completely open minded and it takes A LOT for me not to like a movie. In fact, I can probably count on one hand how many movies I’ve seen in my lifetime that I did not like. I love a good murder mystery but this movie was sooooo slow and went absolutely nowhere. There was no point to it – nothing got resolved. I was on the edge of my seat…..wondering if anything was ever going to happen… which it didn’t. So it seems like people either love this movie or hate it and sadly, I’m in the latter category :-/
- American Psycho – We ended up watching this after The Little Things because my brother wanted to see a real psychological thriller (he had never seen it lol)
- The Dig – Started watching but I fell asleep lol (it was midnight)
- Just Kidding News
- Nick Johnson
What I Listened To
- Lots of “oldies” from the 50s and 60s 🙂
Where I Went
- We drove to the snow AND the desert in the same day lol!
What I Bought
Products I Tried
- All of the products from my Friday Unboxing!
January Best Sellers
Favorite Outfits From January
- I absolutely love these feminine coat styles!
- Obsessed with this red and pink Valentine’s day outfit!
- These pink monochrome outfit is so dreamy!
Most Popular Blog Posts from January
Video Content from January
- Feminine Perfume Collection
- Best Girly Clothing Stores
- My Girly Jewelry Collection
- Reflecting on 2020
Posts from Others That I Loved
- My Favorite Luxury Hotels in Mexico – Annie Fairfax
- How to Cure a Bridgerton Hangover – Caitlin Houston
- How to Make DIY Bath Bombs – Chaos & Coffee
- How to Create a Memorable Indoor Picnic – RD’s Obsessions
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Winter Bucket List this past month:
- Finish Unpacking – FINISHED!
- Organize the Office – DONE!
- Set Up My Closet Room – FINALLY!
- Go To the Snow – We went this past weekend!!
- Organize My Life – Yesss! Now i just need to do this once a month haha.
- Create a 2021 Vision Board – I started it but this just reminded me that I need to finish it up lol – oops!
- Be More Consistent with Workouts – Just started up again but it’s been tough getting back into it. Wish me luck!
- Take Some Time for Myself – I took a few break off of social media and YouTube and feel better than ever! 🙂
Annual Goals Check In
You can find all of my 2021 goals here!
- Balance – Fo the first time in a long time, I started to find balance in my life at the beginning of the month and I’ve been going strong ever since! I’ve created “work hours” and stuck to them and have put a priority on being more present with my husband, my family and myself.
- Let Go – I’ve held on to some things in my life for way too long – things that people said, did, etc – and it’s affected me in so many ways. Instead of holding on to the past, I’ve made more of an effort to let it go and to let go of the people, things and thoughts that no longer serve me (as cheesy as that sounds) so I can make room for more better experiences, healthier relationships and more positive thoughts.
What I’m Looking Forward to in February
- My SIX year blog anniversary!!!
- Getting into an at-home work out routine
- Scheduling in more me time – reading, bubble baths, spa days, etc.
Hope you loved my January 2021 month in review!
What did you do in January?
Check out yesterday’s YouTube video!
5 Girly Valentine’s Day Outfits
Soooo…. I feel like such a dummy. I went to get last week’s most clicked on look and realized that I completely forgot to post the link up code last week – ugh!! I’m so sorry about that!! 🙁