Looking for a new way to wear your hair this spring? Combine an ethereal and romantic braid with the nostalgia of pastel butterfly clips for a girly braided hairstyle fit for a princess. Check out my step-by-step guide below along with an easy-to-follow video tutorial. Enjoy!
Girly Braided Hairstyle with Butterfly Clips
White Vita Grace Dress (similar here, here and here) | Rose & Clay Pastel Rainbow Butterfly Clips (similar here and here) | Girl Meets Fancy Pearl Bracelets (similar)
I love a good braid in the spring and summer and today I am sharing how to create this romantic and girly braided hairstyle. It’s easier than it looks and everyone will think that it took you hours to create when it just takes a few minutes. All the steps are below along with a quick video tutorial (only 4 min)! Let’s begin!
First you’ll need:
- Two rubber bands (I prefer the same color as my hair)
- A handful of bobby pins
- Hair clips or pins of your choice
- And an optional hair extension. Today I’m using the Hidden crown layers halo extension.
To create this girly braided hairstyle:
- Start off by brushing out your hair. I’ve already put on my halo extension and curled my hair with a one inch curling iron. I like to brush out my curls for a soft and feminine look.
- After you’ve smoothed out your hair, grab the top portion from ear to ear, bring it to the back of your head into a slightly loose ponytail and secure with one of the rubber bands.
- Smooth out gently with your hairbrush once again.
- Loosen your ponytail and create a hole in the middle of your hair behind the rubber band. Next take your ponytail and place it in the hole from above to flip it inside out.
- Now take two portions of hair from the front of your head
- Start with one side, twist the section of hair and place it through the hole. Secure with a bobby pin. Do the same for the other side.
- Tighten your pony tail.
- Take a tiny section of hair and wrap it around the ponytail on top of the rubber band to hide it. You can secure by placing the end into the rubber band or by using a bobby pin.
- Next take your ponytail and the hair directly under it and divide into three sections. This is the hair that you placed into the hole earlier from the front of your head. After you’ve divided it into three sections, create a simple braid. Leave few inches unbraided at the end and secure with the second rubber band. Tighten the rubber band and gently pull out sections of the braid to widen.
- Take a small piece of hair from the end and wrap it around the rubber band to hide it. You can secure by placing the end into the rubber band or by using a bobby pin.
- Now it’s time to decorate your beautiful braid! I’m using these adorable pastel butterfly clips today but feel free to use any type of small clip, embellished bobby pin or floral hair pin to customize. Use as many as you’d like and arrange in a way that looks beautiful to you. You can even use a simple hair comb at the top of the twist if you prefer.
And that’s it! You’re left with a romantic and girly braided hairstyle that’s fit for royalty 🙂
Will you be trying out this braided hairstyle?
Share and Pin for Later!