I can’t believe that March is already here and spring is *pretty much* in full bloom! The weather has been amazing and I’ve been taking advantage of every moment 🙂
As you know, February was not the greatest month. It was emotionally and mentally exhausting due to circumstances out of my control. I spent the majority of the month grieving over various, unexpected losses…something that I haven’t felt in quite some time and in some instances, that I’ve never felt before. I had been doing so well with my health in all aspects and I felt like that was tested a bit in February when the overwhelm of everything cause me to backtrack a bit and fall behind on even the smallest tasks. I’m happy to report that taking some necessary time off worked wonders because I’m feeling better than ever. I’ve got a feeling that March is going to be a much better month 😉
Read on for my February 2020 Month in Review!
February 2020 Month in Review
- Earlier in the month was my 5 year blog anniversary! I had to push back a few things for obvious reasons but I’ll be sharing more on that next week 🙂
- Still doing okay! I’ve been having some bloating issues here and there, mainly when we go out to eat as opposed to eating at home. I’ve been avoiding problem foods so I’m not sure what the culprit is but hopefully I can get down to the bottom of it soon!
What I Watched
- Aladdin (live action) – I heard mixed reviews on this but it wasn’t bad!
- Mid 90s – Not usually my typical kind of movie but it was really good!
- Honey Boy – Great movie based on Shia LaBeouf’s childhood!
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s – One of my very favorite’s!
- To Catch a Thief – My first time watching it and I loved it!
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – We’re currently on Season 2 and I’m obsessed! I want all of her outfits!!
- Oh my gosh, so many different kinds of videos. I was hyper-focused on my mental health this past month so I watched a lot of videos on that as well guided meditations. I’ve also been super into fashion history videos lately!
What I Listened To
- I’ve been recording my own music!
- Also, “Feel it still” is on repeat hahah! I just love that song.
Where I Went
- Nowhere! – I think this is the longest we’ve stayed at home haha!
What I Bought
Products I Tried
Favorite Outfits From February
- I’m obsessed with this white floral dress and blush trench combo!
- Absolutely love this pretty pink monochrome outfit – probably one of my favorites of all time!
- Adore this lovely light blue floral dress for spring!
Most Popular Posts from the Month
- January 2020 Month in Review
- The Best (and Worst) 2020 Trends for Petites
- Red and Pink Valentine’s Day Outfit
Posts from Others That I Loved
- The Prettiest Beach Dress Ever – Pretty Little Details
- How to Create the Prettiest Product Photos for Instagram – She Saw Style
- What Does Body Positivity Mean – Adaatude
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Winter Bucket List this past month:
- Start a New Project – I finished up my link up newsletter template last month (thoughts?) and created both a welcome and weekly newsletter. Just a few more finishing touches and it’s ready for beta testing! You guys, I have been SO excited about this! I’ve never created a newsletter before and I have so many fun ideas that I can’t wait to share with you!
- Wake Up Early Enough to Watch the Sunrise – I’ve been doing much better about getting to bed early and as a result, I’ve been able to wake up early enough to watch the sunrise <3
- Find Time to Do Something Creative – This past month involved a lot of brainstorming and planning and I am in the beginning stages of releasing several different projects over the course of the rest of the year. Right now, I am prioritizing the newsletter and YouTube but I’ve still made time to play around with TikTok and record my own music 🙂
- Learn a New Skill – I learned how to create a gallery wall lol!
Annual Goals Check In
You can find all of my 2020 goals here!
- Step Out of my Comfort Zone – Earlier this year, I started my new series on IG stories called Tuesday Confession. I used to do this years ago on my feed but decided to bring it back for stories and let me tell you, it has been amazing in so many ways! Before, I was terrified to talk and show my face on stories but I’ve really been making an effort to do so and it’s getting easier every time.
- Be More Present – With everything that happened the past month, I have been more focused than ever on being more present in the moment and taking advantage of each day. I have been forcing myself to be more aware of my surroundings – how everything looks, sounds, smells, feels. Before, I was very rushed… just trying to check off my to do list before the end of the day and now I’m trying to work with intention, efficiency and passion while making time for myself to enjoy the world around me each day.
What I’m Looking Forward to in March
- Launching my newsletter!
- Launching my YouTube channel!! (yes, this is really happening lol!)
- Spring Cleaning!
Hope you loved my February 2020 month in review!
What did you do in February?
Shop the Look
Just posting this early in case I’m not able to get it up on Friday (I will have another post up though!). And if I can, then you’ll have two link up opportunities this week haha! 🙂