I feel like I always say this but WOW, this year is certainly flying by! I feel like it was just the start of the new year. After a summer of near constant 110 degree days, I am SO happy for a change in seasons. Read on for my fall 2021 bucket list and intentions!
FALL 2021 BUCKET LIST & INTENTIONS
White Chicwish Dress c/o | Jeffrey Campbell Boots | Sequin Jewelry Charm Bracelet c/o | Weston Farms Wreath c/o | Urban Stems Wreath Options (Urban Stems Discount Code: Use LIZZIEINLACE20 for 20% off!)
WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED FROM MY SUMMER BUCKET LIST
- Plan a Future Trip – We are going to Yosemite and Disneyworld (for the first time)!
- Update Outdoor Patio – We started the process 🙂
- Try a New Recipe – We made a cilantro lime chicken, chicken with a vegan cream sauce, stuffed meatballs with vegan ricotta and more that I’m forgetting lol!
- Read a Book – I’ve been reading a couple here and there when I have time. I usually read articles before bed every night though!
- Meditate & Write in my Gratitude Journal Everyday – Getting better about this but need to be more consistent.
- Watch Classic Movies That I Haven’t Seen – Watched an American in Paris for the first time!
- Workout 5 Times a Week – I started working out more consistently.
- Clean Out My Closet (and everything else lol!) – I did a HUGE clean out of my clothing, shoes, handbags, jewelry, sunglasses, etc. Still finishing up my fall wardrobe clean out and then it’s on to coats!
- Work on New Projects – In progress 🙂
- Finish Up Indoor Decor Projects (hanging pictures/mirror, painting wardrobe, etc) – We finally hung up pictures on our walls! 😀
- Do More Self-Care – I’ve been trying to do a little something for myself everyday <3
FALL 2021 INTENTIONS
Continue My Health Journey
This has been an important aspect of my life for quite a while now and I feel like it’s always at the top of my intentions list. I feel like I’ve got a better grasp on my food allergies and now it’s time to get serious about working out. I get SO busy and many times, working out is on the back burner in order to meet other deadlines. Recently, I came up with a new schedule for myself to include not only work responsibilities but also important personal obligations and time for self-care and relaxing. So far, so good! I’m going to try to be consistent for a month and go from there 🙂
Mentally and emotionally, I’m in a really good place. I feel like I have finally let go of the toxic people, situations and thinking that once held me back. I’ve let go of feeling inadequate, anxieties about the future and the need for validation from other people. Instead, I feel so much gratitude for the lessons I’ve learned through it all. I’m learning how to just be and how to live in the moment (spoiler: it’s really hard lol). And through all of this, I feel like I’ve slowly started to regain my confidence in a way that I have never felt before.
As I mentioned, I created a new schedule for myself in hopes of finding better balance between my work and personal life. For so long, I focused solely on work but it’s incredibly important to make time for yourself too. As I get older, I find that I burn out much easier. Taking time for relaxing, self-care and hobbies needs to be more of a priority and there is no need to feel guilty about it. I’m hoping that the schedule will not only help me carve out time for important things but also help me get more organized and in the mindset of planning ahead (especially with the upcoming holidays *phew*).
This is a new intention but it’s something I’ve been feeling for a while. For the past few months, I’ve been decluttering like a maniac – my closet and my life. I’ve been letting go of the things, people and styles that no longer serve me. I feel like I’m the same person in my heart but I’m also changing in some beautiful and unexpected ways. It’s been a strange process because I liked who I was before and I thought that if I changed, I would disappoint others but now I realize that I have to do what is best for me. I can’t be stuck in the past anymore.
As a former people pleaser, prioritizing myself is an experience that I’m unfamiliar with. And to be honest, I feel like this process is natural for everyone. We change and evolve as we age and experience life… and we learn lessons and discover who we are along the way. This season, I want to finish up my declutter and bring more things into my life that I currently identify with.
FALL 2021 BUCKET LIST
- Explore the Changing Leaves with a Drive or Hike Outdoors (fingers crossed!)
- Clean Out my Coat Closet
- Add in a Few Classic Wardrobe Staples
- Plan a Trip
- Try Something New
- Read a Good Book
- Make Homemade Soup
- Go Apple Picking (hopefully!)
- Have a Fall Picnic
- Decorate for the Holidays (haha!!)
- Try a New Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Bake Some (Vegan) Sweet Treats
- Get Outside More
- Do Consistent Workouts
- Try Something New
What is on your Fall 2021 Bucket List?