HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I know that it’s practically old news by now but I’m back after a wonderful holiday break 🙂 I hardly ever take breaks from the blog but it was so nice to unplug for a bit and get some stuff done. I feel much more organized, re-engerized and excited to head into a new decade!
I’m starting off the year with my December 2019 Month in Review… and it has officially been a year since I introduced this series on the blog! Can you believe it? It’s one of my very favorite posts to share and I’m looking forward to continuing into the new year. I also have some other fun posts scheduled for this week – you don’t want to miss them, trust me 😉
Anddd I’m also sharing some photos from one of our recent “just for fun” shoots in today’s post. There are actually quite a few things we shoot just for the sake of practicing and I don’t usually post those on here but I thought… why not haha! We just got the new lens and my husband has been dying to try it out so we went to this gorgeous spot in the mountains. His aesthetic is more rustic and manly… definitely different than my floral Disney princess vibe haha! But I love that and I had a lot of fun editing these. I call it “Lizzie on the Range” haha! Hope you enjoy!! <3
Le Contour Dress c/o | BedStu Boots (old – similar here) | Anthropologie Hat (old – similar here) | Free People Knit Shawl (old- similar here) | Ring (old – Similar here) | Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick c/o
December 2019 Month in Review
- I had my 4th podcast interview (coming this spring)
- Mainly just holiday related stuff for December so it was pretty low-key 😉
- I’ve finally got a grip on my new dietary restrictions so now I’m onto phase two – getting active! I did get a gym membership awhile ago with the intention of going to the classes but it’s not really working out so I think that I’m going to try at-home workouts for now. This is the first time in 12 years that I haven’t had a gym membership so if you have any recommendations for at-home workouts, let me know! <3
What I Watched
- Boy Meets World – Finished! I forgot how much I adored Mr. Feeny!
- Home Alone 1 & 2 – because it’s Christmas and you have to!
- Four Christmases – one of my faves!
- Other Christmas movies that I’m forgetting haha! But to be honest, we were so busy this year that we didn’t have much downtime to watch movies as we normally would during the holidays:-(
- I somehow discovered Jubilee’s “Odd Man Out” series and really got into it haha!
What I Listened To
- Christmas music all. the. time. Haha!
- Not many this month!
Where I Went
- Nowhere! – For once, we stayed home and it was a lovely break… but now I’m itching to go somewhere haha! 😉
What I Bought
- YouTube equipment (but it’s a secret so I can’t share what it is yet hehe!)
Products I Tried
- All of these pretties from my Friday Unboxings on Instagram!
Favorite Outfits From December
- I’m obsessed with these glamorous NYE outfit ideas!
- Absolutely love this pretty pink and white outfit!
- Adore this lovely lavender gingham outfit for winter!
Most Popular Posts from the Month
- 4 Easy Hairstyles to Recreate This Season
- November 2019 Month in Review
- My Winter 2019 Bucket List & Intentions
Posts from Others That I Loved
- It fell off my radar this month with all the festivities 🙁 I’ll be back on it in January!
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Fall Bucket List this past month:
- Plan a Trip to Somewhere I’ve Never Been – we’re in the process of planning a few trips for 2020!
- Learn a New Skill – Well, I’m currently learning how to put together my bicycle brake lol! It’s… not going well haha!
- Go to an Amusement Park – went to Six Flags with my brother! And rode every single rollercoaster haha!
Here are the items I checked off from my Winter Bucket List this past month:
- Try a New Tea or Hot Cocoa Recipe – I made a pomegranate blueberry green tea! So yummy!
- Bake Some Holiday Treats – We baked pie crackers for the first time (so easy and delicious!) and baked/decorated holiday sugar cookies!
- Drive Around to See the Christmas Lights – One of my favorite things!
- Start a New Project – I’m the beginning stages of so many projects right now! I’ll be releasing throughout the year but AHHHH I have so many good things coming for you all this year 🙂
Annual Goals Check In
I’m not sharing my annual goals check in this month because I’ll be sharing my 2020 Annual Goals on Friday!😉
What I’m Looking Forward to in January
- Reflecting on the year and making new goals!
- Officially starting my YouTube filming (for reals haha – I’ve pushed back the launch to February so make sure to subscribe to my channel for updates!)
Hope you loved my December 2019 month in review!
What did you do in December?