I can’t believe how fast this year is flying… it’s already September!! can you believe it? Today I’m sharing my August 2021 Month in Review along with this GORGEOUS sparkly floral dress! Read on for outfit details and a peek into what I did, where I went and what I wore in August!
Adrianna Papell Black Floral Sequin Dress c/o (currently 50% off) | Pashion Footwear Convertible Heels c/o (currently 30% off) | Pearl Clutch (similar) | Pearl Headband (similar) | Crislu Ring (similar)
First things first, let’s chat about my outfit! I know that the holidays are still pretty far away but they will be here before you know it 😉 I’ve started gathering the prettiest dress inspo and I’m sharing a handful of styles that I love (including this black floral beauty) in today’s video. These dress would be perfect for attending a wedding, party or any other special occasion. This dress specifically is such a dream! I hardly wear black (as you know) but in recent years, I’ve warmed up to it. It’s elegant, chic and luxe! I just adore the floral sequin design – it has the perfect amount of sparkle and is sure to make a statement in the best way. I paired it with these amazing pearl embellished heels (that can also be worn as flats by the way! So cool!). The pearls details are mimicked in my headband and clutch to bring the look together. Check out the rest of the dresses below:
AUGUST 2021 MONTH IN REVIEW
- I had the interview of a lifetime!! Not sure how much I can share but send all the good vibes my way because this would be a dream opportunity <3
- I cleaned out my closet, shoes, handbags and jewelry!
- Digestive issues were good for the most part (some bloating here and there)! Working out consistently was difficult with my schedule so I’m going to try again this month. The air quality is still terrible due to all the wildfires so we’re staying inside for now.
- Husband update – So far he has had an endoscopy, ultrasound, x-rays and now a CT scan – all have come back normal so we still don’t know what is going on with him. We are running out of options so please send prayers for his healing <3
What I Watched
As you can, we’ve slowed down on the TV binging haha! I think we ran out of shows and movies after a year. Would love some recommendations! We have Netflix, HBO Max, Disney +, and Prime.
- Jurassic Park – It’s been a while since I watched this! I forgot what a great movie it was!
- Free Willy – It’s also been yearssssss since I watched this (like since it came out lol)
- The White Lotus – Finished it and loved it! I only wish there were more episodes.
- An American in Paris – First time watching and loved it so much!
- Gossip Girl Reboot – I talked about this a bit last month but I gave it one more chance and tried to watch one more episode and I just can’t get into it :-/
- Seeking a Friend for the End of the World – First time watching and loved it! Such a sweet movie!
What I Listened To
- Really just whatever is on. I haven’t actively searched out any new music this month
Where I Went
- We just went for drives around town
What I Bought
- Workout gear!! It’s all girly 🙂 Haul is coming soon!
Products I Tried
- All of the products from my Friday Unboxing!
August Best Sellers
Favorite Outfits From August
- I absolutely love this classic ladylike outfit!
- Obsessed with this stunning puff sleeve dress!
- This white eyelet dress is so dreamy!
Most Popular Blog Posts from August
- 5 Feminine Summer Essentials
- FabFitFun Fall Box
- July 2021 Month in Review
- Vintage Inspired Gallery Wall
Video Content from August
- Are You Fancy or Not? Tag
- Chicwish Late Summer Early Fall Fashion Haul
- Dossier Perfume Review & Comparison
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Summer Bucket List this past month:
- Plan a Future Trip – I had an airline voucher that was going to expire (they wouldn’t extend it unfortunately) so we are heading to Disneyworld for the first time ever in November! *fingers crossed* I have no idea where to start with hotels so if you have any recs, let me know! Also we will be there for three full days so I’m trying to narrow down the parks. Aside from Magic Kingdom, what are your favorite WDW parks to visit?
- Plan a Future Trip 2 – We are also heading to Yosemite in October! We just bought a new air mattress after winging it for a while (almost all of our camping equipment was stolen from our old apartment so we’ve been building up our gear little by little)
- Update Outdoor Patio – In progress 🙂 This will likely come together in October!
- Meditate & Write in my Gratitude Journal Everyday – I got so busy that I forgot to do these everyday but I made a new schedule for myself and plan to dedicate time each day for this.
- Clean Out My Closet (and everything else lol!) – In progress! August was crazy busy so I’ve been doing this a little at a time. I cleaned out my shoes, handbags, sweaters and drawers! Right now, I’m working through my fall wardrobe and then coats!
- Do More Self-Care – I took a little break during the last week of August and concentrated on self-care a ton! I’m trying to incorporate a little each day 🙂
- Watch Classic Movies That I Haven’t Seen – We watched An American in Paris for the first time! I loved it! I totally want to learn to tap dance lol!
- Workout 5 Times a Week – Not 5 times a week but I have been doing it more. I get busy and forget so this is also going to part of my new schedule.
- Work on New Projects – I’m currently working on a few new projects (now that I have some free time lol!)
Annual Goals Check In
You can find all of my 2021 goals here!
I am still actively working on my goals from the last two months!
- Prioritize Health & Wellness – I’ve really excelled in this area overall! I used to work myself to the point of exhaustion daily and lately, I’ve been listening to my body more, taking breaks when needed and abiding by a schedule rather than working all hours of the day. Mental health, especially concerning my confidence and self-esteem, has been a huge focus for the last year. I’ve been learning to accept and love myself and my body, which is a huge accomplishment since lack of confidence and low self esteem are things that I have always struggled with. Over the last few years, I’ve been working on so many emotional and mental aspects of myself and I feel that although I will always be growing as a person, the hard part is behind me. I feel like I’ve transformed in so many beautiful ways internally and now I am ready to add in the physical aspect. This is a change that I’ve been craving for a long time, hence why I’ve been cleaning out my closet and home so much lol!
- Balance – I created a new schedule for myself last month and I am honestly so excited about it! With all of these changes in my life, I felt like I needed a way to incorporate them in my daily routine. In conjunction with my normal work schedule, I’ve also set aside time each day to journal, meditate, and workout. I’ve also set aside specific days for relaxing things at home facials and bubble baths as well as time for working on new projects and skills. And while I’ve created a pretty detailed schedule to keep life balanced, I’ve also given myself permission to be flexible with time, tasks and how I’m feeling.
What I’m Looking Forward to in September
- Finishing up my fall wardrobe clean out
- Everything 🙂
Hope you loved my August 2021 month in review!
What did you do in August?
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!