It’s that time of the month again…. Today, I’m recapping my August 2020 Month in Review and sharing these lovely outfit details! For the past six months, almost all of my shoots have been taking place indoors so it was nice to get outside for a bit and feel “normal.” 🙂 Read on for more of my August 2020 Month in Review – whaat I did, where I went, What I wore and what I’m looking forward to in September!
Les Couronnes de Victoire Floral Hair Pins c/o | Vita Grace Dress | Angara Aquamarine Ring | Round Crossbody Bag
AUGUST 2020 MONTH IN REVIEW
- We celebrated my little brother’s birthday! I actually wore this outfit and shot these right before!
- Found out my brother was going into the Navy :-/
- I brought out my fall wardrobe and put away spring/summer! 🙂
- Still locked down in CA and haven’t seen the sky in several weeks due to all the wild fires!
- Just passed week 6 of healing my broken toes. They are doing well! One seems to be almost completely healed and the other needs more time. Still not able to bend them but I started driving around a bit about a week ago and I can finally walk down the stairs (slowly). I was cooped up in the apartment for over aa month straight so I’m taking advantage of getting outside while I can! I cannot wear closed toe shoes yet though so I’ve literally been wearing one shoe and one flip flop (I can’t locate the other one) haha! So embarrassing :-/
- Still having digestive issues but they seem to be doing better. I’ve eliminated wheat but I’m going to start up my food diary again and see if there are any other patterns.
- I started working out again right before my little toe accident but haven’t done much since. I’m going to start incorporating some arm and core workouts for the time being. Probably won’t be able to do yoga for a while though 🙁
What I Watched
I hardly ever watch TV but we’ve been watching shows/movies nearly every night since lockdown so there’s a lot haha! We’ve been watching a lot of comedies, classics and feel good movies <3 I’ve also got some on my list that a few of you recommended last time. Feel free to recommend more!
- True Detective – Finished the first and third season! Started watching the second but wasn’t really feeling it (which rarely happens). The first one was amazing!!
- That Thing You Do – One of my faves!
- Mrs. Doubtfire – One of my childhood faves!
- Bridesmaids – Love this one for a good laugh 😉
- Wedding Crashers – Another comedy favorite!
- Relic – To be honest, I don’t even remember what this one was about lol!
- Hoarders – To make myself feel better about my closet haha!
- Richard Jewell – Good movie!
- Ad Astra – Really pretty to look at but it was a bit too slow so we didn’t finish
- Annabelle (the newest one) – This is the first Annabelle movie I’ve ever seen. It wasn’t too scary! Loved the time period throwback!
- Fight Club – Another old fave!
- House of Wax – First time watching and I’m not typically into “gory” slasher films but it wasn’t bad!
- Jeepers Creepers – First time watching since it came out lol!
- Get Smart – For a good laugh 😉
- Mystic River – First time watching and I really liked it! Super sad though!
- Parks and Rec – Rewatched our favorite episodes <3
- Castaway – First time watching. Great movie!
- Doctor Sleep – Really loved this one! I don’t know we waited so long to watch it!
- A Little Princess – One of my favorite childhood movies!
- The Founder – This one actually made me angry lol! I’m not okay with people taking advantage of others to get ahead
- Sleepy Hollow – Only half watched because I was reading lol!
- 1BR – Really interesting concept!
- Adrift – Great watch! I love watching true stories.
- Signs – First time watching since it came out!
- Entourage – Watched a few episodes with my husband <3
- Cobra Kai – Also watched with my hubby!
- The Haunting of Hill House – Just started this and am loving it so far!!
- Dallas Buyers Club – Such a great movie! First time watching.
- The King of Staten Island – Entertaining movie but not much of a plot.
What I Listened To
- Lots of throwback music!
Where I Went
- Went for a few drives to the nearby mountains! 🙂 I drove once and it was the first time I’ve driven in over a month!
What I Bought
- This facial steamer! I’ve wanted a facial steamer since forever and this one doesn’t disappoint. It’s a steamer, humidifier and towel warmer all in one (and under $50)!
- These amazing fall boots! I have the same pair in black that I’ve worn and loved for yearsss!
- This dress (seen in this post), this dress and this dress!
Products I Tried
- All of the products from my recent Friday Unboxing! I also shared my product empties for the first time on Instagram!
August Best Sellers
Favorite Outfits From August
- I absolutely love all of these adorable feminine summer outfits!
- Obsessed with these creative ways to update your outfit with just a pair of earrings!
- This dreamy black floral dress is perfect for transitioning to fall!
Most Popular Blog Posts from August
- 5 Tips to Make a Pink Outfit Look Sophisticated
- Easy DIY Scrunchies Tutorial (plus 5 cute hairstyles!)
- Hidden Crown Extensions Update & Comparison
- Simple Summer Hairstyles Using Hair Accessories
Video Content from August
- DIY Scrunchies Without a Sewing Machine (plus 5 Aesthetic Hairstyles)
- 18 Creative Ways to Wear Earrings
- Honest Hidden Crown Halo Extensions Review
- My Girly Handbag Collection
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Summer Bucket List this past month:
- Plan a Future Trip – currently planning one last trip with my brother before he leaves for the Navy!
- Clean Out My Accessories (shoes, handbags, hair accessories, jewelry) – did handbags this month!
- Take a Road Trip – Took a quick day trip to a nearby mountain town
- Meditate & Journal Everyday – I haven’t been super consistent but I hope to work on that more in Sept.
- Write a Song – I started writing guitar music!
Annual Goals Check In
You can find all of my 2020 goals here!
- Be More Present – Things have gotten increasingly busy lately and juggling both my professional and personal life is always something I’m working on. I was devastated to get the news that my brother was joining the Navy. Of course,I’m proud but he is my best friend and I just don’t want him to go for my own selfish reasons. He leaves in February and I’ve been spending as much time as possible with my family (as much as this “virus” allows anyway since we’re still in lockdown) and have been soaking up every moment. We are planning one last trip together 🙂
- Prioritize Health and Wellness – This is one of the most difficult and frustrating goals I have. It feels like once I get the hang of things, something happens to push my progress back further. I’m learning to be more patient with myself and understanding that things can’t change at the drop of a hat. The most important thing is not giving up. This month, I’m hoping to get back into regular shoes, planning to keep a detailed food diary and hoping to get back into regular work outs. I also plan to set aside time daily to indulge in self care, meditation and journaling.
What I’m Looking Forward to in September
- Hopefully healing my toes so I can wear normal shoes again <e3
- Finish going through my fall wardrobe!
- Getting organized for the upcoming season!
- Watching NYFW shows virtually!
Hope you loved my August 2020 month in review!
What did you do in August?
Also, a new video went up yesterday! I shared my hair extension horror story and an update on my hair growth a year and a half later. While I updated my original blog post, I don’t think I actually shared what happened with you all!
Last week’s most clicked look was…
What a fun outfit! I love the fun print and pop of color!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!