The months are flying by and I can’t believe that fall is nearly here! Today, I’m sharing my August 2019 month in review – what I did, where I went, what I bought and current faves!
Eliza J Sweaterdress c/o | Mary Frances Handbag c/o | Everlane Heels c/o | BaubleBar Headband c/o
August 2019 Month in Review
- I announced my guitar retirement and that I went full-time with my blog – eek!
- I had the most life-changing trip to Puerto Vallarta! I’ll be sharing about my experience soon but until then you can view all of my Puerto Vallarta outfits!
Here is my dietary progress in regards to my recent food intolerance diagnosis 🙂 I technically just finished my elimination diet but I didn’t want to start reintroducing foods right before fashion week so I’ll be doing that starting mid-September. I’ll share my progress with you next month!
Here are some updates on my symptoms:
- Acne: None! But I did just have a facial 😉
- Migraines: None!
- Stomach Cramps: None!
- Unexplained Weight Gain: This is a mystery that I’m still trying to figure out. It seemed like it was getting better but now I’m not sure.
- Severe Bloating: None!
- Insomnia: Getting better
- Extreme Daily Exhaustion, Fatigue and Tiredness: None!
Other changes: Nails are still really strong! My skin is glowing! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard “Wow! You have great skin” this month.
What I Watched
- Roman Holiday – I love classic movies and can’t believe that I hadn’t seen this one before! Loved every second but the romantic in me does wish the ending was different <3
- Eat Pray Love – I watched this for the first time right after I came back from Puerto Vallarta. It was honestly such a life changing trip!
- The Marvelous Ms. Maisel – Started watching this with our free Amazon trial and I kind of want to continue just for the show haha!
- Lately, I’ve been searching for new channels to subscribe to so if you have a YouTube or know of any good ones, leave me a comment! <3
What I Listened To
- Eminem’s “No Love” has been my theme song as of late haha!
- Taylor Swift’s new album – this one is hit and miss for me but there’s a few songs I like!
- I just shared an in depth post about allll the podcasts I listen to!
Where I Went
- Puerto Vallarta
What I Bought
- Asos headbands (black pearl & gold pearl)
- Jeffrey campbell bow shoes
Products I Tried
- Givenchy fall 2019 eyeshadow and lipstick – I absolutely LOVE the new limited edition fall collection! The eye shadows are so sparkly and pretty and the lip colors give just the right amount of color!
- Diptyque candle – All of their candles smell amazing! My all-time favorite is Roses, but the Lavender one is now tied <3
- Glow Recipe sleeping mask – I always wake up with incredible skin when I use this at night! I love it!
- Jill Stuart skincare (peel-off mask, serum, moisturizer) – love this trio! It makes my skin super soft, hydrated and radiant! Check out the collection and get 15% off when you use LIZZIE15 until October 15th!
Favorite Outfits From March
- I love all of these fun Puerto Vallarta travel outfits!
- Adore this darling floral dress!
- This pink tulle skirt outfit is one of my all-time faves!
Most Popular Posts from the Month
- Starting a New Chapter…
- Feminine Vintage Style Outfit for Modern Day
- The Best Skincare Device for Aging Skin
Posts from Others That I Loved
- Dental Advice from a Retired Dentist – J Touch of Style
- 4 Tips for Working from Home – Michelle’s Paige
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Summer Bucket List this past month:
- Try Snorkeling for the First Time – I did it!! And I tried paddle boarding for the first time too sooo.. double check!
- Plan an International Trip – went to Puerto Vallarta!
- Buy a New Swimsuit – I bought this cute white ruffled suit for my trip and left it at the hotel 🙁
If you create your own bucket list, let me know – I’d love to see what ideas you have on yours! <3
Annual Goals Check In
Anddd of course, I have to check in with my annual goals 😉
- Find Inspiration Through Travel – I was SO inspired by my recent Mexico trip that I teared up on the plane ride back home. I’ve never felt so much gratitude in my life. It honestly changed me and the beautiful thing about travel is that not only are you able to see beautiful places, learn about new cultures and try new things but you have the ability to open your mind and change as a person.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Take Risks – I took the biggest risk of my life this past month and like any risk, it’s a terrifying yet exciting and thrilling experience! I don’t know what the future holds but what I do know is that I’ve been put in this position for a reason. The doors opened without being forced and the timing was finally right. It seems that everything has finally come together and that all of my past experiences led up to this point. I’m grateful for everything and to say that I’m exhilarated about this new adventure would be an understatement. You just never know where life may lead you and while I’m usually a planner, I’m just going to let this one unfold the way it’s supposed to 🙂
What I’m Looking Forward to in September
- New York Fashion Week
- Starting YouTube prep!
Lastly, I’d love if you could take a moment to complete my survey 🙂 I do this about once a year – it takes just a couple of minutes (it’s only 10 short questions, most of which are multiple choice) and is completely anonymous! This is incredible helpful for me to ensure that I’m giving you all exactly what you want to see/read as well on input on my future projects. Honest feedback and constructive criticism is ALWAYS appreciated!
Hope you loved my August 2019 month in review!
What did you do in August?
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!