Another month has come and gone… and let me tell you, this has been a busy one! Curious to see what I’ve been up this past month? Read on for my April 2022 Month in Review to see where went, what I did, what I wore and what I’m look forward to in May!
April 2022 Month in Review
- Went on a road trip to the San Diego area!
- Worked on a special project that launched yesterday!
- Sooooo much going on!
- Digestive issues were much better this month! It took a while for me to recover from the Palm Desert trip but I’m finally bloat free – woo hoo!
- The month started off reallllllly good with consistent workouts but holy moly, it’s gotten SO busy and I just haven’t found the time to do anything aside from my to do list :-/ I’m hoping that I’ll be able to get back on track this month.
- Husband update – He is doing great! This was a tough month for my in laws though. We thought that my husband’s dad re-broke the leg that just healed but luckily, it’s fine! And his mom had a stroke on Easter Sunday. She is doing MUCH better now but it was very scary. Thank you for all the prayers!! <3
What I Watched
- The Ultimatum – Wow. What a hot mess! Very entertaining but the “experiment” is a bit messed up in my opinion lol! If they do it again, I think they should bring on strangers instead of swapping partners!
- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes – Can you believe this was my first time watching? Absolutely LOVED it! The fashion, the music, everything!
- The Night House – Really enjoyed this one! It wasn’t scary but more of a mystery.
- Almost Famous – First time watching and absolutely adored this movie!
- Hart of Dixie – just finished! the last episode always makes me cry happy tears <3
- The Girl from Plainville – Found the story interesting and sad 🙁 However, it moved a bit too slow for me so I stopped watching midway. If you’ve seen it, is it worth finishing?
- White Hot: The Rise & Fall of Abercrombie & Fitch – Enjoyed this documentary! Totally reminded me of my youth and found the story fascinating (and actually pretty terrible – I can’t believe that people like this exist!)
- Ozark (season 4, part 2) – AHHH I’ve been waiting for this!! Definitely one of my all-time favorite shows! The ending was a pretty sad but I think it’s what we all expected.
- The Sopranos – I’ve always heard great things about this and it was recently recommended so we decided to give it a shot. We’re on season 2 and LOVE it!! Can’t wait to see how this unfolds!
What I Listened To
- XM Radio – 50s and 60s music, and lots of early 2000s throwbacks haha! But it’s ending soon and I don’t know what I’m going to do 🙁
Where I Went
- Went to The Flower Fields and Mission San Juan Capistrano (check out my stories here)
Products I Tried
- All of the products from my Friday Unboxing!
April Best Sellers
What I Bought
- The most stunning vintage handbag!! Shall I do an updated vintage collection video?
Favorite Outfits From April
- I absolutely love these adorable rainbow shoes!
- Obsessed with this floral cottagecore dress!
- This cream tulle skirt is so dreamy!
Most Popular Blog Posts from April
- Mad Men 50s Fashion for Modern Day
- Spring 2022 Bucket List
- Honest Teddy Blake Handbag Review
- Feminine Romantic Style in 6 Easy Ways
Video Content from April
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Spring Bucket List this past month:
- Go on a Picnic – We haven’t gone on one yet but I did create a pretty picnic set up!
- Go for a Wildflower Drive/Hike – We went for one last drive before the flowers dried up 🙁
- Plan a Future Trip – Planning a couple but haven’t booked anything yet!
- Update Outdoor Patio – In progress!
- Learn a New Skill – I’m currently taking a course for makeup certification!
- Do Some Gardening – Planted some wildflower seeds on the patio!
- Go on a Road Trip – We just went to Carlsbad this past weekend to check out the flower fields and mission!
- Work Out Consistently (at least 3-5 times a week) – I’ve been working out at home 2-3 times a week (easing back into it after being out of for so long lol!) But YAY! Progress is good)
- Indulge in a Self-Care Day (at least once a week) – I’ve been doing little things (bubble baths, mask, facial steaming, etc) once a week but I’d love to do it more!
- Watch Classic Movies That I Haven’t Seen – We watched Gentlemen Prefer Blondes! I’ve got a whole list haha!
Annual Goals Check In
You can find all of my 2022 goals here!
- Balance – WOW is all that I can say. This past month has been absolutely crazy in every way and I’ve had such a hard time keeping up with everything. I haven’t had much time at all to relax or do self-care and it’s showing. I have found myself stressed out, anxious and completely overwhelmed. Sometimes we are given so many things to handle all at once and this is definitely one of those times. The last month has been quite an emotional rollercoaster but I’m working through it in a healthy way and I’m so proud of myself for that. There are some circumstances that I can’t control but for the things I can, I am working on minimizing my stress by saying “no” to the things that are unnecessary.
- Stay Organized – As I mentioned, it’s been such a busy time. I’ve actually been really good at staying organized for the most part and have even started to do more work in advance. This has definitely helped with all of the unexpected things popping up in my life. I’m working more on my time management skills and learning that in most situations, finishing (or starting) something is more important than being too perfectionistic. I’m hoping to continue to work on my time management skills this m
What I’m Looking Forward to in May
- Our 9 year wedding anniversary! It was actually on Wednesday 😉
- More road trips!
- Hopefully some time to relax? Lol!
Hope you loved my April 2022 month in review!
What did you do in April?