Wow! I cannot believe that we are officially one third of the way through the year! Where has the time gone? Today I’m sharing my April 2021 Month in Review along with some shots we took from our *very last minute* Yosemite trip! Read on to see what I did, where I went, what I wore and what I’m looking forward to in May!
First things first, let’s chat Yosemite! The park has been closed or ONLY taking reservations for over a year, which means no annual camping trip for us. However, my husband’s cousin came to town and by chance, they happened to get a campsite (it’s seriously like winning the lottery lol). We wanted to see her before we left so we decided to take what would normally be a 3 1/2 drive up there. We usually spend 3-4 days but this trip was less than 24 hours. Let me tell you, it was a longggggg day. It took us 6 hours to get there with all the traffic, we ended up not being able to rent sleeping pads, I got super sick on the way home (luckily, an EMT stopped to help!) and we didn’t go on any hikes or see the waterfalls because there were SO many people!!! 🙁 It was crazy. And I actually traveled up in this outfit because we had taken photos right before we left lol! My husband wanted to get some shots to practice editing but I quite like them!
So we walked about a mile to this meadow and once we got there, we had about 15 minutes of daylight left. A couple came up to us and asked for directions back to their car. It took longer than expected so we actually took these in nearly pitch darkness!! I’m actually really impressed with myself that I was able to lighten these up so much lol! They are a bit grainy but I think they actually fit the aesthetic well. I also included one of our test shots below – check out the hiking shoes haha!! Also, I styled this in a similar way in this post – I only changed out the skirt!
APRIL 2021 MONTH IN REVIEW
- My brother graduated from boot camp!
- Found out I’m going to be an aunt again!
- We went to Yosemite!
- Succulents are blooming!!
- I’m still cleaning out my closet… haha!
- Digestive issues were pretty non-existent! I think I’m getting the hang of this food allergy thing 🙂 And I’m learning to give myself grace when I eat something unknowingly that causes symptoms (instead of beating myself up)
- I’ve been writing in my gratitude journal, have been meditating and have just started up with home workouts. I’ve been doing pilates, yoga and walking around the neighborhood. This is huge because I haven’t worked out in a really long time (not out of laziness but just busyness and exhaustion with the food stuff).
- My husband is still very ill 🙁 His original endoscopy was rescheduled for next week after waiting two months and now they are postponing it again. We tried switching doctors to get in sooner but the soonest appointment was in July. And we’ve been having issues with the medical group. It’s like no one can do their job and it’s so frustrating!
What I Watched
As you can, we’ve slowed down on the TV binging haha! I think we ran out of shows and movies after a year. Would love some recommendations! We have Netflix, HBO Max, Disney +, and Prime.
- Modern Family – Just started watching for the first time. So far, we’re loving it!
- Marie Antoinette – First time watching! I loved it so much!!
- Bring It On – An old favorite haha! Fun fact: I used to do cheer in high school!
- No Country for Old Men – First time watching and I loved it! Great movie!
- The Conjuring 2 – I love the Conjuring movies 🙂
- Unhinged – I DO NOT recommend if you have a hard time watching violence. It made me feel sick to my stomach and I closed my eyes several times :-/
- Eurotrip – Had to watch it for a laugh after the last one haha!
- Legally Blonde – An old favorite! One of my all-time faves!
- The Hot Chick – first time watching! It was entertaining.
- Nick Johnson
- The Real Bros of Simi Valley- please watch this! It’s hilarious LOL!! We found it randomly lol
- Gem Goddess
- Cody Ko
What I Listened To
- Taylor Swift’s Evermore album on repeat
Where I Went
- Yosemite!! But only for a day lol
- I also drove to LA to pick up my car haha!
What I Bought
Products I Tried
- All of the products from my Friday Unboxing!
April Best Sellers
Favorite Outfits From April
- I absolutely love these super girly outfits!
- Obsessed with this floral maxi dress for spring!
- This rancher hat outfit is so dreamy!
Most Popular Blog Posts from April
- Feminine Hair Accessories Collection
- Mrs. Maisel Inspired Outfit
- Spring 2021 Bucket List & Intentions
- 6 Ways to Wear a White Skirt This Season
Video Content from March
- Feminine Hair Accessories Collection: Headbands, Bows and Flower Crowns
- Antique Shop with Me at Woolworth’s
- Girly Spring Fashion Try On Haul
- Today’s video – up soon!
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Spring Bucket List this past month:
- Do more self-care – This month has been heavily about self-care and trying to find balance in my life.
- Try a new lemonade or tea recipe – I tried a delicious pomegranate lemonade. Also tried a boysenberry one recently!
- Work on new projects – I’ve been doing tons of updates lately! You’ll start to see a few website changes soon.
- Go on a road trip – We went to Yosemite LAST MINUTE to see my husband’s cousin while she was in town. That was the craziest 24 hours lol :-/
- Plan a trip – We are actually going back to Carmel in a couple of weeks so we’ve been planning that 🙂
Annual Goals Check In
You can find all of my 2021 goals here!
- Prioritize Health & Wellness – You all have been with me through my health journey over the last few years and I’m so grateful to have that support and encouragement! This month was all about inner work and finally, outer work. I’ve been dedicating more time not only to my at-home self-care days but to my mental health. I’ve been writing in my gratitude journal, trying to be more present and really focusing on the things that I want in my life. After an entire year of healing issues from my past, insecurities and fears, I’m finally starting to feel like a new person and boy, does it feel good. Now that I’ve done the inner work, I’m ready to focus on the outer – perfecting my diet and implementing a consistent work out routine.
- Time Management – Last month, I worked on restoring balance in my life and I’ve been really good about keeping that. However, I realized that I am only one person trying to do a million things and there just isn’t enough time in the day for me to do everything. I’m learning what to let go of and what to dedicate more time to. I’ve also started reworking my schedule to include more ME time. If you’ve been an avid reader for years, then you know that this is where I’ve struggled. Growing up with a single parent along with my own life circumstances brought forth my workaholic tendencies. For many years, I put my value on my achievements, successes and accomplishments. Without these, I felt unworthy. This created a vicious cycle of burnout and I finally had to put my foot down. You see, it’s great to love what you do for a living and to have goals and dreams for yourself. But these don’t have to define you. We are so much more than our work. Time management (or lack of) gets a bit overwhelming when you are working 18 hour days and still not getting everything done. I’ve adopted the mindset of “work smarter, not harder” and had the realization that although there’s a ton of pressure to be everywhere and do everything, I don’t have to. I have to put myself first.
What I’m Looking Forward to in May
- Our 8 year wedding anniversary!
- Hopefully updating the patio lol!
- Working on some projects!
- Being more consistent with workouts!
Lastly, my latest YouTube video is up! I’m sharing my latest jewelry haul <3 Check it out below! Andddd today is my ONE YEAR YouTube Anniversary!!
Hope you loved my April 2021 month in review!
What did you do in April?