Another month has come and gone… this year is flying by so fast! April was a HUGE month for me and I’m so excited to share what I’ve been up to! Read on for me April 2020 Month in Review to see what I did, what I watched, what I wore and what I’ve looking forward to in May 🙂
April 2020 Month in Review
- I FINALLY launched my YouTube channel!!!! Watch my first official video at the end of this post – a Get to Know Me Q & A and check out my trailer here.
- I FINALLY launched my newsletter!!
- I *think* I may have figured out my Enneagram type lol! I’ve taken the test so many times and have gotten different types – 1,2,3,4 and 7 haha!!! A friend reached out noting that she thought I might be a 3. I did some more research and this seems very likely. So many questions answered hahah!
- Still having digestive issues – ugh!
- My husband is feeling much better! I’m happy to report that there haven’t been any recent allergic reactions 🙂
What I Watched
I hardly ever watch TV but we’ve been watching shows/movies nearly every night since lockdown so there’s a lot haha!
- Ink Master – Finished Ink Master but sadly, they didn’t have the live finale due to the current cicumstances – such a bummer!
- Ghost Adventures
- Tiger King and I – A must-see if you watched the docu-series 😉
- The Office – What we watch when nothing else is on haha!
- Ozark – OMG soooo good! Can’t wait for the next season
- Ready or Not – pleasantly surprised! I liked it!
- Crazy Stupid Love
- The Disaster Artist – Very interesting movie!
- Role Models
- 21 Jump Street
- Winchester – I feel asleep…I was bored lol.
- Stranger than Fiction – Wasn’t really into this one…but my husband liked it!
- Mean Girls
- The Truman Show
- Sabrina – I watched the remake and it was okay but I think I’d enjoy the Audrey version more.
- Just Friends – My favorite Ryan Reynolds movie lol!
- The Princess Diaries
- When in Rome – super cute!
- The Invisible Man – The most I’ve ever paid for a rental lol! But it was really great!
- Step Brothers
- Jumanji: The Next Level – Loved this one!
- Fast Times at Ridgemont – first time watching it and wow, is it scandalous (especially for an 80s movie)!
- Even Stevens – Loved this show when I was younger! I never realized how funny it was lol!
- 30 Rock – Tried to love it but I just couldn’t get into it :-/
- Yoga with Adriene
- Some Good News
- THIS video (if you’re a Tiger King fan, you’ll appreciate this!)
What I Listened To
- Game of Thrones soundtrack – I’ve never actually seen the show but I used to listen to this back in the day while I was working. I’ve recently rediscovered and it puts my mind at ease.
- Played a ton of music on Instagram stories! If you want to hear me jam out on guitar, go here 😉
- None this month
Where I Went
- We went for a drive to the middle of nowhere and had a picnic 🙂
What I Bought
Products I Tried
- I decided to forgo Unboxing Fridays this month 🙂
Favorite Outfits From April
- I love these feminine work from home outfit ideas!
- Absolutely in love with these darling dresses!
- I adore this dreamy dark floral dress for spring!
Most Popular Posts from the Month
- Top 5 Reasons Why I Love Dresses
- 6 Work From Home Outfit Essentials You Need
- Life Lately: What I’ve Been Doing During Quarantine
Posts from Others That I Loved
- What is the Enneagram Test and Why You Should Care
- Five Lies Bloggers Tell You
- How to Support Small Businesses Right Now
Seasonal Bucket List Check In
Here are the items I checked off from my Spring Bucket List this past month:
- Try a New Lemonade Recipe – Made a raspberry/blueberry combo <3
- Clean Out My Closet – in progress but I did clean out my makeup collection!!
- Meditate Everyday – *almost* everyday lol!
- Do Something Creative – I’ve been editing video, recording music and gardening 🙂
- Learn a New Skill – I learned how to upload a YouTube video lol! What a
- Finish Up All of My Projects – I finished all of my big projects for the time being!
- Get Outside More – We went for walks nearly every evening.
- Schedule Time with Friends – I scheduled some facetime/zoom calls!
Annual Goals Check In
You can find all of my 2020 goals here!
- Step Out of My Comfort Zone – Starting my YouTube channel was a huge move for me! It honestly feels exactly how I felt when I started my blog. I put it off for so long out of fear of what people would think and felt like I didn’t know enough and that the quality wouldn’t be up to par with what I imagined for myself. More important, I felt like I wasn’t good enough. I was afraid that people wouldn’t like me if they saw my personality rather than just some pretty pictures and sadly, a big factor in this has been my dietary issues and the fact that I simply can’t figure out what’s going on with my body. Sometimes I feel like I have it under control and other times, I feel so frustrated and ashamed of how I look. Regardless, I decided I was going to go for it. I realized that there’s never going to be a right time and things are not going to be perfect. I just started so of course, I have to learn and practice…just like I did with blogging. And I’ve come to terms with the changes I’m experiencing with my body and appreciate that I’m healthy for the most part. It’s just one of those things that will take patience and experimentation on my part but it shouldn’t keep me from doing things. And I’ve realized that I shouldn’t let the fear of what others think dictate how I feel about myself and what I choose to do. Not everyone will be supportive but the right people will. <3
- Be More Present – Although, I’ve been working like crazy during my “quarantine,” I’ve also been making it an effort to be more present. I’ve set a schedule for myself, which has helped a ton. I’ve been taking more time for myself with more self-care practices and immersing myself in activities like gardening, music and art. I’ve also been spending more time with my husband doing things like watching new series, coloring, cooking together, walking and sitting on the balcony watching the birds. It’s been really nice to slow down for once and I plan on keeping up with these practices once this is all over.
What I’m Looking Forward to in May
- Hopefully getting out of the apartment lol!
- My 7 year wedding anniversary!
Hope you loved my April 2020 month in review! Check out my newest video below 🙂
What did you do in April?
Also, TODAY I’m hosting a shopping event with Kendra Scott to benefit Feeding America! 20% of your purchase will go towards the charity when you use GIVEBACK7740. I hope you’ll join me in giving back to those that need it most <3
Interested in hosting your own event to benefit the charity of your choice (including local)? Click below to find out how you can get involved 🙂