I’m so happy that you all loved last month’s first installment of my Month in Review series! So much so that I have decided to make it a monthly addition to the blog – yay! 🙂 In this series, you can expect to see a recap of what I’ve been up to for the past month – read on for my February 2019 month in review!
Cece Sportswear Top c/o | Chi Chi London Coat (old – similar here) | Marc Fisher Boots (budget friendly option) | Mary Frances Handbag c/o | Brothers and Sisters Beret c/o | Gorjana Ring via Rocksbox c/o
- Celebrated my four year blog anniversary!! YAY!
- Finally finished my closet/apartment clean out…and it feels amazing! I still have a few spring/summer things to go through but the majority is finished 😀
- Experienced temperatures under 20 degrees for the first time haha!
- Checked the Brooklyn Bridge off my bucket list!
- Learned some new guitar music: Mad World and Scarborough Fair (fingerstyle) are some recent faves to play!
- Took my first client for a new side business I’m launching soon!
What I Watched
- The Office – This is always our go-to when we’re in between shows 🙂 If you want a good laugh, our favorite episodes are “Dinner Party,” “Stress Relief: Part 1,” “Goodbye Toby” and “Threat Level Midnight.”
- The Crown – Just started watching this for the first time and love it so far!!
- Travel Videos – My husband has taken up a recent interest in traveling everywhere (literally) so we’ve been watching a ton of travel videos lol! (Yellow Productions is becoming one of our favorites haha!)
What I Read (still reading both of these)
What I Listened To
- Sicko Mode – I hatedddd this song at first but my husband got me into it and now it’s kind of my jam haha!
Podcasts (I drive a lot so I love listening to these in the car!)
- Drink with James – Loved the recent episode with Julia Engel!
Where I Went
- NYFW – This was my very first February NYFW and it didn’t disappoint! It was definitely a trip with a lot of “firsts” and was probably the one where I experienced the most growth personally and professionally. Aside from that, I also experienced the downside of a frozen airplane resulting in a seven hour flight delay, my first AirBnb booking experience that didn’t go so well and a situation where I ended up stranded due to my phone not working ha! Lessons learned on my part and still an amazing trip 🙂 (See what I wore and where I went on Day One, Day Two and Day Three & Four!)
What I Bought
Favorite Outfits From January
Products I Tried
- Kiehl’s Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil – Don’t let the name fool you! This oil is AMAZING for acne prone skin! Plus it came with the most amazing jade roller (my first one!).
- These goodies from my Babbleboxx!
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Collection Discovery Set – I love all three of these fragrances! The original Flowerbomb is a staple in my fragrance collection but through this discovery set, I found one I might love even more…Flowerbomb Bloom!
- Pixi Beauty Eye Reflections Shadow Palette – Super affordable palette with amazing neutrals (that stay put all day)!
- Moroccanoil Hand Cream & Pure Argan Oil – Love mixing these two together for super soft skin!
Most Popular Posts from the Month
- Four Year Blog Anniversary: Lessons Learned
- Rose Scented Beauty Products for Valentine’s Day
- NYFW Day One Recap and Oscar-worthy Beauty Products (tied)
Posts from Others That I Loved
Annual Goals Check In
I want to make it a habit of checking in monthly with my annual goals (I’ll be highlighting one in a post for each month this year!).
- Kick Out The Clutter – This has been a process/transition that I’ve been going through for the past six months or so (maybe longer). De-cluttering has always been difficult for me to an extent so this process is something I’m very proud of. As mentioned before, I completely de-cluttered the apartment and closet – I got rid of anything that didn’t fit or had outgrown, wasn’t my/our style, or that had a painful memory attached to it. I also finished de-cluttering my inner circle and got rid of those that are toxic or cause any type of stress, pain or negativity. It was more than I thought int would be but I feel like at some point, I was attracting those type of people. I have been doing really well since cutting out those individuals and am finally feel like myself again. 🙂
- Be Myself – This was a big goal for me this year and during NYFW, I had an epiphany that made me realize that it’s okay to be myself. Read all about it in this post!
What I’m Looking Forward to in March
- Springtime!!! Flowers! Sunshine!
Hope you loved my February 2019 month in review!
What did you do in February?
Shop the Post