Hope you all had the best weekend! Today is our last day in Paris and we will be heading to Switzerland tomorrow with a stop in Colmar, the town that inspired Beauty and the Beast (my fave!). If you want to say hi (because you just miss me so much haha) or want to follow along with our adventure then head on over to Instagram. :-)
Today Grace of Color and Grace will be showing you how to spice up your basic outfits with some minor tweaks. She has a great eye for color and creativity so check out her tips below! And don't forget to join her link up! :-D
How to spice up any basic outfit We all love and are looking for a killer piece/set that makes us instantly look like a million bucks. But the reality is we are wearing basic outfits most of the time. When you hear "basic" most people think "plain". But to me it also means there is a blank canvas that is just waiting for someone's artistic touch. There is a lot of potential to transform that Plain Jane into an outstanding look by spicing it up. So, how to spice up any basic outfit? The answer is to play with colors, layers, and textures. 1. You're wearing your favorite bad to the bone all black look. Add a colorful bag, layered necklaces and a pair of lace up shoes and your street cred just went up a level.
2. That super comfy basic casual combo just needs a little extra something. How about a sleek vest to layer and a pair of natural booties to add some contrast? Now casual instantly becomes a bit more intense.
3. Your favorite basic black dress is looking for a little spark. Get your color on with a matching belt, bag and shoe combo to add dimension and a layered necklace for that spark or in this case sparkle.
4. Does your pale outfit look a little washed out? Shine a light on it with some edgy sunglasses, a choker, a pair of beaded sandals and a colorful bag. Don't forget your sunscreen!
5. What to do for a white shirt with jeans basic look? Use a choker and scarf to layer, an awesome pair of sunnies to cut the glare, then a pair of lace up shoes to add more interesting texture and finally the colorful bag to add the color pops.
6. Think your all white look is a bit too clinical? My prescription is to add a wild bag, some fun and colorful shoes and a classic trench vest. It's just what the doctor ordered!
As you can see, there are endless ways to spice up any basic outfit if you follow these core rules. Now take a look at yourself in the mirror. Is there anything that you can add on or change to make your look even better? I thought so! You are welcome! ;) All videos and photos if not credited otherwise, are by Robert Buck and Grace Liang. Thank you for reading, and if you like what you read, please comment below or share it with your friends. Follow me on FB and IG for daily updates!:) Have a great day and see you soon! | Today's Link up party | Meet our co-host Rania from The Wardrobe Stylist Rania's Biography: Branding herself The Wardrobe Stylist, Rania began styling and blogging nearly a decade ago. She worked with a long list of clients and as a blogger, she covered several coveted events. She recently launched the Reversible Pocket Square. Made from 2 distinct fabrics, the reversible pocket square takes a modern and innovative shift on the age old accessory, allowing the wearer to choose which side to showcase or have both sides conveniently peak through. Please visit her or follow her on your favorite social medias below: Instagram: Bloglovin: Google +:
http://alovelylittlewardrobe.com http://www.lifeofmeg.com http://www.michellespaige.com http://morepiecesofme.com Watch what I am wearing OOTD+LINK UP Mahogany Closet Monday Fashion Link Up Mix it Monday Weekend Snapshots http://www.beauty101bylisa.com http://www.stillbeingmolly.com http://pinksole.com Shoe and Tell Fashion Link Up Cheers!